Hi there
many months ago now me and my dad finished building our first major project, (guitar related that is), a basic class A valve amplifier, I had intended to make a small practice amp to take around with me, naturally or course it ended up bigger than my original line6 amp. However I would still like to find some form of symbol to attach to the valance panel, I would like to hear your general opinion on it.

It is a very simple circuit but with a brilliant tone when "cranked up" I will soon be uploading some sound clips to my ultimate guitar profile (sink-the-pink). If you are interested in finding out anything about it please sent me a private message, or you can post on this thread, however I may not reply if you do post a question or similar on the thread.

Also if anybody knows of any reasonably priced U.K. based sources for symbols I could attach to the amp I would be most grateful, (I was thinking along the lines of an "S" shaped reptile/snake as my name is Sean and that begins with s).

Here is the URL to my ug profile there is one sound clip of the amp played with my sg standard (beware my playlist will start automatically playing a bit lower down on the page).

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sink-the-pink/
Attachments:
amp photo1 for ug.jpg
amp photo2 for ug.jpg
amp photo3 for ug.jpg
amp photo4 gor ug.jpg
amp photo6 for ug.jpg
Last edited by Sink-the-pink at Nov 29, 2008,
nice job man! You could make your own symbol out of wood with just a jigsaw, and a wood rasp.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
That looks really good. Of course the pics don't mean a whole lot without sound clips....hint hint....
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

wow, that looks really good man.
and has an awesome tone to it, I might add. Liked that bit starting at 1:27
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
i have uploaded a new picture of a majority of the wiring.
Last edited by Sink-the-pink at Nov 29, 2008,
That sounds pretty good. Whered you get the schematic/layout/whatever you used?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

all the electronics came in a kit i bought (inc. pre punched chassis)from a man called Barry in the uk running a small home-based company as a small "side business" the website URL is www.ampmaker.com
Sink-The-Pink
Wow - cool mp3's dude - stop f*cking about with electronics and go get a deal!

The amp looks cool - personally i'd leave it blank, but there must be some guy somewhere who will make you a cool badge (signmakers or something).

Which kit did you get and how much did the bulid cost in total - I was thinking of modding an EPI valve juniour - this looks more fun
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald