So on Wednesday I had 5 mates over my house to drink beer and play Poker. I got (rather) pissed, no biggy.
Just before my friends leave, my parents come home and my mate Neil (front man in our band) starts chatting away to my folks about a gig in December our band is playing....

Now my parents are coming to said gig.

...Um...

I've never played a gig infront of my folks. Ever.

This is bad because i swear alot and do some pretty weird stuff on stage....And DAMMIT, MY PARENTS ARE GONNA BE THEIR FOR CHRIST SAKE!!

Anyone else got any experience from this?
Am i fretting about nothing?
Or am i just paranoid?
If you do it in front of strangers, I think it should be fine doing it to in front of your folks.
You're in a band. They can't expect you to stand there still.
You could maybe calm down on the swearing but stage presence is nothing to be paranoid about. I'll tell you what to do.
When you take a break, buy your parents a drink...works a charm.
Tell them you're not comfortable performing in front of them. If they're good, supportive parents, they'll take a step back.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
My family were at my first gig but I didn't know they were there until after we played. Just don't worry about it.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

My dad came to my first solo show...He pointed out that I make sex faces on stage and that I needed to play louder and that apparently (according to him) I was the best act that night. He made that announcement in front of a whole room of people and I got the most disgusting looks from people.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Make sure to take your pants off on stage. Then, find a random girl in the audience and make out with her on stage. Then start with the racist and sexist remarks.

Then post the video of the gig here.
Quote by Gargantuan
How old are you? serious question

I've been gigging since i was....About 15. Not one time has my parents seen me play...Actually, it's my Dad and Step-Mom seeing me play.
i cant play in front of ANYONE i know. or else i **** up.

it has to be all strangers i dont know

consider yourself lucky
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.