I have a Bugera 6262 and sometimes but not always it makes a high pitched noise when Im not holding down the strings. I have been told if I am too close to the amp then it will cause my strings to vibrate but I am about 6-8 feet away from my amp and my back is to the amp.

Noob question. My amp has a power and a standby switch. I dont really understand it. is it just if im playing and I want to stop after a while I can leave the standby on to keep the tubes warm or w/e and turn off the power switch.
Sounds like feedback, or a microphonic tube.

The standby switch is to warm up the tubes. Turn the power on and leave the standby off for about a 30 seconds or so, then flip the standby on and start playing. When you take a break and plan on coming back you can just flip the standby buy on. To turn the amp off just turn both switches off, doesn't matter what order.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
NO NO NO NO NO!!! YOU WILL DESTROY YOUR AMP IF YOU TURN IT OFF THAT WAY! i don't know how many tube amps Kevin Saale has ever had, but to turn your amp off, hit the standby switch, and wait for a few minutes, THEN turn your normal amp off. after a while, not doing this can blow your tubes!!!
As for your high pitched feedback, turn the gain on your amp down, and the volume up, and that should atleast reduce it. eventually after tweaking with it for a while you'll come up with a perfect balance where you can get the gain you want out of it without the feedback.
one last thing. My footswitch came broken and I have emailed them about it. They said they could replace it for free but they havnt replied back to me in 2 weeks so Im beginning to think they cant give me a replacement. I am wondering If I can buy a footswitch anytwhere? its a Bugera FSB104A footswitch. I looked on Ebay and had no luck.
Quote by JesterShred
NO NO NO NO NO!!! YOU WILL DESTROY YOUR AMP IF YOU TURN IT OFF THAT WAY! i don't know how many tube amps Kevin Saale has ever had, but to turn your amp off, hit the standby switch, and wait for a few minutes, THEN turn your normal amp off. after a while, not doing this can blow your tubes!!!
As for your high pitched feedback, turn the gain on your amp down, and the volume up, and that should atleast reduce it. eventually after tweaking with it for a while you'll come up with a perfect balance where you can get the gain you want out of it without the feedback.

you don't need to wait a few minutes. Put it in standby wait a bit then strum your guitar to see if any noise is coming out of the amp. If not, then it is safe to turn off.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by JesterShred

Um, the only time I'd suggest turning the standby off before the power is to prevent a popping sounding from coming through the speakers, something that some amps do. Even in that case you'd only need to wait a few seconds.

Please don't talk if you don't know anything. I'm on my third tube amp and dealt with countless others. Why do you think tube amps without standby switches don't blow their tubes?
Quote by Kevin Saale
Um, the only time I'd suggest turning the standby off before the power is to prevent a popping sounding from coming through the speakers, something that some amps do. Even in that case you'd only need to wait a few seconds.

Please don't talk if you don't know anything. I'm on my third tube amp and dealt with countless others. Why do you think tube amps without standby switches don't blow their tubes?

THIS FTW!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
I have a Bugera 6262 and sometimes but not always it makes a high pitched noise when Im not holding down the strings. I have been told if I am too close to the amp then it will cause my strings to vibrate but I am about 6-8 feet away from my amp and my back is to the amp.

Noob question. My amp has a power and a standby switch. I dont really understand it. is it just if im playing and I want to stop after a while I can leave the standby on to keep the tubes warm or w/e and turn off the power switch.

My 6262 did the same thing, and my Mesa does it as well. It's feedback.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
i didn't mean to offend you dude, but tube amps without standby switches just use a different system. that pop, (an electricity spike from what's left in the tubes) is bad for your speakers, and even worse for your tube's. even with home stereo amp systems, you don't just turn them off, they'll make that pop, and if you make that pop enough, you'll end up blowing a tube, or wrecking a speaker magnet, either way, it's a big repair for a little switch. i wait a minute just to be safe, i like my equipment in good shape, if you wait just a second, you may still be getting that pop, whether you can actually hear it or not...
and alot of people with tube amps that don't have that switch, turn their volume all the way down before turning it off...
You have no idea what you're talking about, that popping still happens, you just don't hear it through the amp. I'll agree, it can damage a speaker, possibly, but you're not gonna damage the amp, fact.
Quote by Kevin Saale
You have no idea what you're talking about, that popping still happens, you just don't hear it through the amp. I'll agree, it can damage a speaker, possibly, but you're not gonna damage the amp, fact.

Kevin Salle knows what he's talking about, that's why he is in the list of people to listen to.

I don't like the pop either, but all you have to do to protect your speaker is wait until your instrument makes no sound, then turn it off.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by JesterShred
Classic case of don't speak if you don't know.

Or, to be more blunt; shut up.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by JesterShred

you are so wrong its not even funny.
if you actually knew how a standby switch worked than you would know how studpid you sound.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
you are so wrong its not even funny.
if you actually knew how a standby switch worked than you would know how studpid you sound.

I concur

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by JesterShred
i didn't mean to offend you dude, but tube amps without standby switches just use a different system. that pop, (an electricity spike from what's left in the tubes) is bad for your speakers, and even worse for your tube's. even with home stereo amp systems, you don't just turn them off, they'll make that pop, and if you make that pop enough, you'll end up blowing a tube, or wrecking a speaker magnet, either way, it's a big repair for a little switch. i wait a minute just to be safe, i like my equipment in good shape, if you wait just a second, you may still be getting that pop, whether you can actually hear it or not...

Not even three weeks in the forums and you are running around acting like you know everything and you own this place.

First off, I don't know how many tube amps you've owned but according to your profile you are currently using a Vox Valvetronix - I personally am not going to take tube amp advice from someone who plays through a SS amp.

Second, even if you did use a tube amp I still wouldn't take your advice because you have made it blatantly obvious that you don't have any idea what you are talking about. You are just making up garbage that you believe will make you appear educated and respectable - trust me, that is NOT the way to earn respect around these forums. If you don't know the subject material then you are best off just keeping your mouth shut - making stuff up will only confuse the thread starter and will lead to you getting the **** flammed out of you.

Thread starter: As its already been pointed out, when shutting off your amp you may wanna flip the standby switch and wait a few seconds before flipping off the power switch to avoid that annoying popping sound that occurs in some amps (I know it happens when I flip off the power to my Ashdown)... however its not going to damage the amp if you don't.

The most important thing to remember is that you NEVER just flip on the standby switch when turning the amp on - you need to wait for the tubes to warm up first. If you don't wait for the tubes to warm up before hand, you will damage the tubes and shorten their life span or possibly blow them completely.
Quote by JesterShred

'tard...the popping is inevitable.

i emailed marshall about my jcm900 popping when switching it off, and they said its its safe even for the speaker unless my master was like in the over 3 zone. and who turns off their 100w amp with a master volume over 3? RETARDS.

so yeah.....thanks for being THAT GUY who adds abit of wrong and fake to the world, one bit at a time. jerk.
Ok so a step by step process would be what?

Turn on Power wait 30 seconds for tubes to warm up then turn on standby?

Turn off step?
Turn off standby wait 30 seconds then turn off Power switch?

Is that the correct way to do it?
Yeah, you may have to wait longer for it to warm up, each amp is different and it won't hurt the amp if you take the standby off a little too soon. Jenny always suggests turning the amp on and tuning your guitar up and by the time you're done the amp should be warmed up and ready to go.

for the turn off, you shouldn't need to wait much more than 5 seconds
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
Ok so a step by step process would be what?

Turn on Power wait 30 seconds for tubes to warm up then turn on standby?

Turn off step?
Turn off standby wait 30 seconds then turn off Power switch?

Is that the correct way to do it?

The first part is correct. Some people like to play it safe and wait a minute or two before flipping the power on but normally 30 seconds is the recommended amount of time.

The turn off step really doesn't matter. You can flip them both at the same time (which will usually result in a popping sound, which is simply the sudden disconnection between the head and the speakes). Or you can flip the standby switch, wait around 4 or 5 seconds, and then flip the power switch if you want to avoid the popping noise.

Edit: Ehhh....^^^^^ beaten to it lol.
Yeah, sounds like feedback to me.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by SharpShoot3r07

1. You're just getting feedback from the insane amount of gain Bugeras have.

2. To Power Up: Power switch on for 30 seconds...Standby switch on - play
To Power Down: Standby switch off (wait for the blue light to go off) Power off
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The first part is correct. Some people like to play it safe and wait a minute or two before flipping the power on but normally 30 seconds is the recommended amount of time.

The turn off step really doesn't matter. You can flip them both at the same time (which will usually result in a popping sound, which is simply the sudden disconnection between the head and the speakes). Or you can flip the standby switch, wait around 4 or 5 seconds, and then flip the power switch if you want to avoid the popping noise.

Edit: Ehhh....^^^^^ beaten to it lol.

THIS.

Wise words from a somewhat less wise man.

sorry i m drunk but this is still right