(might sound like a dumb question lol, dont make fun) and is the boss br-600 a good recorder???
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I don't know if that's a good recorder, I just use my laptop for that.

Recording yourself will certainly make you a better player since it will more readily allow you to hear your mistakes. It also lets you see your progress much better. Record something today and listen to it 6 months later and you'll think it sounded sloppy and that you used the same riff over and over, etc, etc.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If you record a chord progression and practice improvising over it, it can help basically all parts of guitar playing. And the mistakes thing too I guess.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender G-Dec Junior Amp
ZOOM G1x Pedal
I'm not sure about the BR-600. But I heard very good things about the Micro BR and the 600 is supposed to be more advanced.
As for recording yourself, you can listen to your weaknesses and then you can focus on them to help you improve in that area.
thanks guys, im getting the recorder and a new amp for xmas and i wont be getting a mic & stand so ill have to record directly into the recorder. How does this sound compared to micing and recording an amp??
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Micing is always better as far as tone goes, IMO. The speaker is an important part of the amp, when you skip it you lose something as far as your sound goes.
ive got the br600 and it emmense
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
I think the quality is better when you go through the recording device and don't mic your amp. Just experiment a bit until you find something that you like.
yea, its gunna be a while before that lol dont have (or want) a job. First on my to buy list would be a boss dd7 then the mic & stand.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I use a loop pedal (Boss Rc20xl) and can record up to sixteen minutes, so you can def analyze your playing and it lets you record over urself as much as you want...its a great way to work on rhythm, lead, and timing simultaneously...just a thought
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
thanks guys, im getting the recorder and a new amp for xmas and i wont be getting a mic & stand so ill have to record directly into the recorder. How does this sound compared to micing and recording an amp??

some modelling amps like the Roland Cube were designed specifically to sound better when you use "direct out". either way, bear in mind that however you record, it won't sound exactly the same as what you're hearing from the speakers until you do some tweaking.
Quote by daryle_goh
some modelling amps like the Roland Cube were designed specifically to sound better when you use "direct out". either way, bear in mind that however you record, it won't sound exactly the same as what you're hearing from the speakers until you do some tweaking.

I understand, my only experience with line out was a on a Mesa F-30 which didn't sound very good through the line out.

I know that you have to tweak the amp when you record, I'm just saying I like the sound of a speaker recorded better than a line out.
ive got a br-400. something in the 400's.

anyway, that should tell you how old it is.

it's great.

you can record songs off anything with AV plugs or headphone out.
you can add a drum beat.
you can sync tracks, transfer songs from one computer to another.

you can mic or direct line.

it's so easy to use too. i'm an idiot and i can do it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
personally, listening to myself helped me a lot. you realize that what you here when your playing can be very different from what is heard by others. for me, i realized that i play a lot faster than i think i am.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Thanks for all the feedback guys! and Delboyuk_01, lemme know how you like the BR-600 when it comes eh?
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Yes it can. But dont get a BR-600. I have one, and the recording quality sucks, and all the effects are useless. The drums are also really hard to program.
It's best to record with computers. It's much easier. You can drag and drop and add metronomes with just a click. Nothing to it and theres free software that will do for just recording yourself.
/\ you should read the manual it very easy and the effects are not bad . i bet you have your rec volume peeking
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp

Well it came yesterday and it's probably taken me about 6 hours to get used to it (after spending about 3 hours just playing with the different sounds and effects), but then I don't like reading instructions and you can't really get away with that, as hans the lefty said.
It's well worth the money and has plenty of effects etc.
Get one.

Delboy
mind you i had already had experiance with recording devices
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp

I used a BR-1600 to record a demo for my old band and my buddy's bands demo. It worked pretty good for recording direct, miced and for vocals.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I've been considering either the Boss Micro BR or the Line6 BackTrack for basic stuff myself; just to get ideas done wherever I am.

It will definitely help your playing. Sometimes you can pick out mistakes/flaws in your playing that you don't notice at the time. Also being able to jam over the top with scales/arpeggios will help train your ear.
Thanks guys, im deffinatly gettin one!
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay