So yeah, I thought I'd start a thread for Ug'ers to post their own home made music, of whatever genre, but preferably created using nothing but computers. I'm not sure how this is gonna turn out but i realised their are quite a few profiles with home produced electronic music on so i thought maybe this could work. Post myspaces, ug profiles whatever else, just as long as they have some form of your own electronic music. And i thought this would probably be suited better to the pit than original recordings.

I'll start:
http://www.myspace.com/smakosmako
Avoid, Wheres My Joel, its just taking the piss out of one of mates.
If you listen to The Play, skip into about 40 seconds as the intro is truly poo.

inb4 my tunes are crap, I already know that, its just for fun.
inb4 electronic music isn't music.
NOIZE
Last edited by alteredgod at Nov 28, 2008,
Well, i thought seeing as original recordings is for recordings, and most electronic music is not recorded, i could not see anywhere else to post this.
NOIZE
I've got a cover of Funky Town which I made using software that makes GameBoy bleeps. I'll have to find it.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

I use Fl Studio 7, LSDJ and Echoplex drum simulator. I have Ableton Live 6 too but I don't use it.

Quote by alteredgod
Where did you get your acapella for 'Brown shark'? I've been looking for some decent acapellas to mess with for a agesss.

I got it from here after googling around for awhile. Tbh, brown shark is the only good one.
Quote by FLUX_
I got it from here after googling around for awhile. Tbh, brown shark is the only good one.

No, I like the trancey one too, what did you make it on?
NOIZE
Quote by alteredgod
No, I like the trancey one too, what did you make it on?

Nah, I meant of the acapellas. I made the other one with FL/Reason.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by no lolage
www.myspace.com/23kidmusic

I'm still fairly new to all of this =]

Yeh im named after a 65daysofstatic song =]

I'm sensing alot of vst presets, have you tryed making or downloading some more, it definetely personalises your music alot.
NOIZE
Quote by alteredgod
I'm sensing alot of vst presets, have you tryed making or downloading some more, it definetely personalises your music alot.

Yeah, it's also good to use different VSTs to the ones included with production software. Some of the ones I use are NI Massive, z3ta+, and Predator.
Thats pretty good advice thanks. Yeh im using cubase at the moment and im not too happy with it really. I want fruity loops but to be honest I dont have the money to buy it..........anyway thats beside the point. Yeh it is all just VST shiz off of cubase. =[
This is weird, I was just in the shower debating whether I should start making electronic/ trancey music. Cool
Its quite fun to get into. I only really started though because I couldnt depend on other people in a band and I didnt have enough money to buy good enough recording equipment to record actual proper stuff........... Im not saying what I do now isnt proper, I just couldnt think of a better word..... lol
Quote by st.stephen
This is weird, I was just in the shower debating whether I should start making electronic/ trancey music. Cool

Yeah, I think it's a good idea. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, Fruity Loops is a good starting point.
Do you think we should start a website or something as a collective to spread the message about bedroom producing? I mean its hard finding people to talk to about it, in terms of how to improve and stuff, let alone getting your stuff out there.
Quote by FLUX_
Yeah, I think it's a good idea. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, Fruity Loops is a good starting point.

Well I have a small interface, MIDI compatible, 2 inputs and like 8 different outputs or something, and I'm also using cubase, which is working just fine for me right now, but I just thought to myself "hey why not stop writing songs for a band and start writing one man songs" or something along those lines.

Anyways, a website would be cool to start, maybe even start a label somewhere up the road if anyone's interested (just throwing that out there).
I'm interested. Anything we can do to like all pitch our ideas together and stuff would be really useful.
Quote by st.stephen

Anyways, a website would be cool to start, maybe even start a label somewhere up the road if anyone's interested (just throwing that out there).

Definetely interested, thought about it before, just never taken it further.
NOIZE
Quote by alteredgod
Definetely interested, thought about it before, just never taken it further.

This sounds like a good idea.
The website sounds like a great idea, I would like to be a part of it

Okay well I see there's a bunch of people interested in starting something up, not sure what yet, firstly we should organize some sort of website, myspace or a forum or a UG group.

I think a group would be a good idea for now, we could start off checking out each others' music. Any takers?
I've just started to dick around in audacity. I haven't gotten much of anywhere, so I don't have anything up anywhere.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by st.stephen
Okay well I see there's a bunch of people interested in starting something up, not sure what yet, firstly we should organize some sort of website, myspace or a forum or a UG group.

I think a group would be a good idea for now, we could start off checking out each others' music. Any takers?

Thatd be cool.
Best free programs? I have FL Studio, Hydrogen and some other drum program. Seeing as I can't play guitar worth anything I've always wanted to give Electronica a try.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Best free programs? I have FL Studio, Hydrogen and some other drum program. Seeing as I can't play guitar worth anything I've always wanted to give Electronica a try.

best free programs for what? theres a ton of free VSTs out there for synths and effects, free DAWs on the other hand are pretty limited.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
best free programs for what? theres a ton of free VSTs out there for synths and effects, free DAWs on the other hand are pretty limited.

Never mind. I got what I was talking about.

Anyway this thread inspired me to put some stuff I made in a few hours when I was bored onto a Myspace. Here take a look

http://www.myspace.com/homeoftheinvoluntary

I only have Hydrogen and FL Studios so don't expect anything too great.
actually, FL studio is capable of producing very professional sounding results with the right plugins.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Post your crappy music in the designated forum section.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana