I'm a beginner Bass Player looking seriously at getting the Fender Bassman 250 for Christmas, but am looking for advise on which model to get as I'm new to Bass. Which would be better for Bass a 1 x 15" speaker or a 2 x 10" speaker set for this combo? I'm just starting out, but I gravitate towards Rock, Blues and a bit of Alternative Rock on my Guitar. As I've read on the forum boards that a Fender Bassman 250 would be fine for quite a few years (starter through maybe garage band/small venue gigs) I'd consider it an investment, but am looking for opinions on which speaker set is better for the combo amp? And why if possible?
bassmans arent actually very good bass amps. most people use them for guitar
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
can you link to the actual amp your wanting.
fender makes a new series of bassman amps that are actualy made for bass. but the older ones, although are good for bass also, are better and more suited to guitars.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Get a Peavey TNT 1x15 Its Amazing and so durable its SS but it sounds great you can get them used for like 250$
most all Peaveys are built like tanks and its 15 throws out serious low end.
and as to your question I would go with 1x15 over 2x10 just my opinion though