Hi,

I've been playing for almost 2 years now and was thinking of getting a new amp. I don't want anything masssive as i'm not going to be gigging, so something around 10-15watt. Something in the price range of £40-60 would be good.
Unfortunatly I don't have a clue what to get. My guitar tutor said get a line 6 spider 3, my friend said get a Marshall MG, and all the reviews I have read seem to say that one breaks and one does'nt sound as good etc.
I play basicly everything (blues, rock, pop, punk, metal).
I have a Epiphone Les paul 100 and currently a BB blaster 10 watt amp (yeah noone else has heard of the amp). Also I was thinking about buying a Boss me-50 as one of my friends has one and i liked it out of the others i tried.
Does anybody have any idea of what I should get, or any other recommendations?
Your friend and tutor are both idiots.

Roland Microcube

/thread.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
^Big ol +1

Also, give the vox valvetronix and the peavey vypyr a try.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Big ol +1

Also, give the vox valvetronix and the peavey vypyr a try.

Agreed.

The Roland Cube series, Vox Valvetronix series, and Peavey Vypyr series are going to be your best bet as they actually sound good for being budget amps.

The Marshall MGs are cheaply built, poorly constructed, and sound down right horrid.

IMO the Line 6 Spider series are good for recording purposes because they offer a variety of different tones and effects, but they still sound terrible and are very overpriced.
Ok thanks for replying quickly. I'm gonna do some more research and will definatly go and try these amps out. Any more suggetions will be great though!
That's about it in your price range, nothing else is really worth mentioning.
the spider 3 isnt too bad...but get the roland cube.

If you get the mg, you forfeit the rock.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Quote by manmanster
the spider 3 is terrible...get the roland cube.

If you get the mg, you forfeit music.

Fixed.
In case you need another opinion, DO NOT get a Spider III or a MG series.

Micro Cube is your best bet.
Thanks all for the speedy replies. Will rule out the spider 2 and the MG series. will take a look at the Roland Microcube and cube, will also look into the peavey vyper. the vox valvetronix look a bit out of my price range.