So this is the coolest blues album I have heard in ages and one of the most imaginative too. Its called Gutbucket Slims Blues Emporium. Its a kind of blues remix album featuring vocals from Michael Jackson, Leadbelly, Christina Aguilera and a bunch of others that I cant remember right now. The guitar player is killer like SRV or actually more like Jimmie Vaughan on some stuff. It shouldnt work but it does and in places it really works like, Michael Jacksons The Way You Make Me Feel with the original vocal but set to a texas blues shuffle, I know that sounds weird but it's really cool

I saw on one site that it was rumored to be a beck or danger mouse project but there is nothing on their sites abut it. Does anyone have any other info about who this is??? There were posts on Gnarls Barkleys facebook wandering if it was them, thats where I found out about it. I get the impression someone 'big' is behind it and the guitar playing is very distinctive. I am listening right now and I have heard this guitar player but cant put my finger on it, help!!!! haha.

So this is a link to the myspace page http://www.gutbucketslim.com
and you can download the album for free here http://www.growmyvision.com/CLIENTS/GUTBUCKET/gutbucketdownload.html

and I found a couple of videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/gutbucketslim

***EDIT so the guitarist I was thinking it reminded of was Doyle Bramhall II maybe???

this is an image from the myspace page

Last edited by guitarfan1000 at Nov 28, 2008,
very interesting. i thought it was total crap for the first few minutes, then it sort of grew on me. liked the michael jackson track.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Hehehe this is so freakin' fresh I can't believe it! This is the best part - Sounds Like : Muddy Waters got drunk with a recently evicted Fatboy Slim and whilst huddled around a burning trash can alongside the Gorillaz and Lightning Hopkins
There's no night out in the jail !

Last.fm --> mas0nic
I just HAVE to post again...I've just listened through all of the songs, and I absolutely love it

It's so strange, a really great mix of genres...It litteraly put a smile on my face
There's no night out in the jail !

Last.fm --> mas0nic
Me likey. Me likey a lot. Great find
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Cool stuff. Is that the Wolf talking on the Mos Def track?
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Downloaded the album but for some reason only got tracks 2 - 7. What's with that?
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

Quote by RubberSoul54321
Downloaded the album but for some reason only got tracks 2 - 7. What's with that?

THis was posted on the myspace page, I had the same issue. I am downloading again now.

"Download issues fixed the zip file is now readable on all computers previous version tracks 1 and 8 didn't work on some pc's due to ? character in file nam"
Excellent, got it all now.

Brilliant album! Listened to it twice already, it's a keeper! As for the identity, I have a hunch it may actually be Fatboy Slim. Reasons? Well, he's been under many pseudonyms, the track mixes are similar to previous albums as is the humor - the last track on the album may well be there for irony(?) and the name-drop on the gutbucket slim myspace I feel is deliberate. It could well be that this has been a project of his in the background over the years. Not many artists would produce a professional album like this just for fun and release it for free. I've had a quick search for a factual answer, but nothing showed up. So, Fatboy Slim at a guess!
Quote by strawforest007
Brilliant album! Listened to it twice already, it's a keeper! As for the identity, I have a hunch it may actually be Fatboy Slim. Reasons? Well, he's been under many pseudonyms, the track mixes are similar to previous albums as is the humor - the last track on the album may well be there for irony(?) and the name-drop on the gutbucket slim myspace I feel is deliberate. It could well be that this has been a project of his in the background over the years. Not many artists would produce a professional album like this just for fun and release it for free. I've had a quick search for a factual answer, but nothing showed up. So, Fatboy Slim at a guess!

i could see it being fatboy slim.
'Music is the best"
Zappa
I think if it's not Fatboy Slim it's someone trying to make us think it is.

whos playing guitar though? it seems like 1 guitarist throughout and I have never seen norman cook aka fatboy slim play guitar, he was the bass player in the house martins though.
It could be Norman on guitar. I'm sure he's had time to pick one up and learn. The track 'Trouble' - is that solo from the intro of Cream's 'Strange Brew'?

Maybe he's not playing on the tracks? What if their cleverly mixed samples?

I dunno. I seem to have convinced myself that it's Fatboy Slim.

Either way, it's great!
It's really rather good, isn't it?

Quote by ze monsta
Definitely. It's ****ing genius. Especially the track with the Wolf!

agreed

whoever, whatever this is it kicks ass

I got the album and burnt it to a disk a couple days ago and it hasn't left my car stereo yet
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I love the diversity of it, the way it can flip from the humour of the Michael Jackson remix to the seriousness of the Genius OF The Crowd with Bukowski on vocals. 5 Stars.
Anyone else here still listening to this album? The Way You Make Me Feel is way too catchy to put down. You guys reckon they'd send out a hard-copy? I'd love this on vinyl or CD!

Two big thumbs up for guitarfan1000!
Haha, this is cool. My favorite is the michael jackson/texas blues track.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
its only available free download, I guess with all the samples it would be impossible to clear for release.
I have a feeling it has something do with the Davey Brothers.... The fuzzed out guitar reminds me a little of jesse daveys tone... however i know robin davey can play really well too... i know they both have the knowledge of creating cool music and videos...