Page 1 of 2
He what does everyone think of the new Gibson Dark Fire LP guitar thats comming out soon.
omgosh, some girl in my school (grade 7) can only play 1 song, and 2 chords, and she wanst it for x,as, shes been playing for 4 months, has an acoustic, a ****ty 50$ fender amp, and she wants it, she has long ass nails, and she sucks, she hasnt ever played it, a lp, or a gibson. and she wanst it because she likes the color and she wanst a gibson, them makes fun of my yamaha rgx121d (like 300$) and i hate her for it.

/rant
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
unlucky
tell her to take bring it to school and then nick it and hide it at home
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
It's a Standard Les Paul with a different finish, basically.
No thanks.
Quote by Rock Pig
It's a Standard Les Paul with a different finish, basically.
No thanks.

Sure? I thought it was the next gen of the robot guitar.
I actually think it might be worth the money. 2.5K dollars for a high quality, solid one piece mahogany, great pickups, incredible finish, and oh yeah, Robot technology plus incredible pickup thingy. I'd say its worth the money.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Nathan Sturgess
Sure? I thought it was the next gen of the robot guitar.

Yeh...even though the last gen just came out s few months ago. short generations apparently. LP's breed fast.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Last edited by HLrocker at Nov 28, 2008,
Quote by digman50
unlucky
tell her to take bring it to school and then nick it and hide it at home

Agreed I normally don't support stealing but dude she most be rich and would miss treat that beauty anyway
so nab it how ever possible I dont care if you got to get some knock out gas(which you can find out oh to make of google) and put everyone to sleep then take it and get it home or hidden out side of school some where then go and act like you got knocked out to and when everyone wakes up act like you know nothing no one will have any Idea who did it.

P.s. I like how it tunes itself sweet man if I could afford it I would get it.
worth the money fer shure ever Gibson only goes up in value, like one time I saw a old 1978 gibson at the local music store and this thing was thrashed and it was like 2k
Last edited by Darkice at Nov 28, 2008,
Doesn't seem worth it in my opinion. Maybe for someone who has expendable income and really likes gibbys, but for me it doesn't seem all that great. So it's a Les Paul with couple of extra computer-y bits in it. Doesn't mean it will be the end-all-be-all.
Gibson is just trying a whole bunch of new ideas out, and they are usually just ho-hum. I liked them way better when they stuck to what they knew, and did it excellently.
im tired of all these self tunning super guitars.... how about just a High quality normal guitar with great finshes.
Anyone know if Gibson is marketing the P-90H? I'm looking to get my hands on some.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Encourage her to buy it, get her to bring it to school, ask her if you can play it (after she plays her two chords) and then show her ass up. Then do what darkice said =]
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by jebus19
+1 for being poor

word.
i play an ibanez rg copy.
poor people unite.
I think I was going to respond to this seriously but then I realized the TC spelled "coming" wrong.

/being a dick

Seriously, I don't think it's anything great. To me if I want a strat sound I'd pick up a strat, if I want a LP sound I'll pick up, guess what? A LP. I do see the practicality of it. It's like a modeling amp. You don't want to spend thousands on amps? Buy a modeling amp, you have atleast something close and only spent a tiny fraction of the cost of all those amps.

Would I buy it if I could? No. Can I afford it? No especially cause I just bought a classical guitar and my gear fund is now roughly $50
Yeah you might as well not play guitar at all with Dark Fire. Seriously, Gibson starts to detach guitar from it's roots and I don't like that.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
I think it`s awesome, and would be cool to have, but I don`t have the money for it. But if I was still saving my money from 2005 to when the Dark Fire LP came out, yeah I would buy it in a heartbeat, but unfortunately I didn`t.
I'l admit its a bit too much techy ****e..

But it can change tunings in one second.

Seriously, thats ****ing cool.
I love the colors man!
You can't say it's just a LP redesign. t's also about what they've stuffed into the guitar!
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
$2500 is a ****load for a guitar but it is still cheaper then some guitar's I've seen. I only like the paintjob and the auto tuners. So I should basically just get a Robot for cheaper.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I don't like all this digital ****.

SLASH WOULDN'T LIKE THIS DIGITAL ****. SLASH KNOWS A GOOD LES PAUL.
Quote by SpellCaster
Yeah you might as well not play guitar at all with Dark Fire. Seriously, Gibson starts to detach guitar from it's roots and I don't like that.

Quote by Rock Pig

Hooray for being a luddite!

Seriously though, I read the page a bit and I'm still not entirely sure what it's supposed to do, is it like Gibson trying to do their own version of the VG strat with the robot's auto-tune system on it?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Hooray for being a traditionalist!

Fixed.
Really, I don't like it one bit. If you're going to do it to anything, why the Les Paul? The Les Paul wasn't broken (until quality control got hold of it), so why fix problems that weren't there? Is it so hard to reach up and tune manually?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Hooray for being a luddite!

Seriously though, I read the page a bit and I'm still not entirely sure what it's supposed to do, is it like Gibson trying to do their own version of the VG strat with the robot's auto-tune system on it?

from what i understand, yes, but more high end

I think its stupid to have that much crap on a guitar
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Rock Pig
Fixed.
Really, I don't like it one bit. If you're going to do it to anything, why the Les Paul? The Les Paul wasn't broken (until quality control got hold of it), so why fix problems that weren't there? Is it so hard to reach up and tune manually?

You're not a gigging musician are you? If you need a large variety of sounds what would you rather do: buy a guitar with p-90s, a guitar with single coils, a guitar with humbuckers and a backup for each, plus more for different tunings?

Or one guitar that can do it all without needing a to change plus a backup?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You're not a gigging musician are you? If you need a large variety of sounds what would you rather do: buy a guitar with p-90s, a guitar with single coils, a guitar with humbuckers and a backup for each, plus more for different tunings?

Or one guitar that can do it all without needing a to change plus a backup?

Depends how each one sounds; if Gibson can do it then kudos to them but I'm not getting my hopes up.
And a gigging musician I am; I just happen to be fine with my Ibby.
Quote by Rock Pig

Hahah, that's right!
You should never ask yourself what you would buy
Ask yourself what Slash would buy
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
It looks absolutely sex.

But guitars like these are incredibly pricey and my poor pocket can't afford it.

*Hugs Epi LP*
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
For some reason, I always thought the Robots felt fake. I played one and it was awesome how it re-tunes itself, but, it just didn't feel like it was that nice of a guitar.

With that said,

Awesome finish. My favorite looking Robot guitar. But, i just always didn't like the feeling of the Robot.
No guitar is worth that much money, unless ofcourse it is made out of materials which are extremley expensive.

I can see that they'd need to make the money back on this model for all the R&D and other stuff they must have done. But slapping automatic tunners and some fancy wiring onto a standard guitar with a red finnish or whatever does not warrant the price tag that they sell it for. Im sure they could make these for well, i mean WELL under £1000, so why sell it for £2/3000? it's just gibson being themselves and saying, look, if you want us your going to have to pay for it.. they want a certain image for themselves "The best of the best", but they dont live upto that image at all...

/Rant
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Rock Pig

SHAME SLASH IS A ****.
Page 1 of 2