(Crit for crit, MP3 version is on my profile blah blah blah)

Hey, here's my latest creation, I guess the second installment of the sound I took my first stab at with Bloodline's Course. Hope you like:
Attachments:
Bassett (2).zip
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Last edited by duncang at Nov 29, 2008,
The intro sounds so melodic, I like it (you may put some more harmonies in the guitar though, like the ones at bar 4, etc).

I don't know if the constant snares (or whatever they are called) sound that good, maybe something less "upbeat". I liked the viola and cello though..

I expected some distorted stuff, but I didn't think it would be as good as bar 46 onwards (although I am not very convinced about the drums again).

I liked the fade-out afterwards, and that constant guitar part.
The song has a nice flow, from melodic, then distorted, then melodic, etc.

The melody at 125 (was it a solo?) was great, and the outro that followed was as great as the melody, great way to finish it (although, you could make the notes ring out or at least not make the end at 155 that abrupt, unless you have something planned for afterwards, maybe another song to play in a gig, or something).

Pretty great song, I would like to see more "post-duncang" stuff (unless it is an actual genre and if so I keep my mouth shut for that crappy joke)
*Ending changed*
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
I remember this one. Pretty cool. The little clean repeating pattern that starts at bar 70 is really effective, where it leads back into the distortion from distortion and clean haha. It suffered a little bit from "constant epic syndrome". Where it all goes amazingly cool, but doesn't really "change" to subtle moods or anything, it's all too awesome. Which makes it drag a little. The strings are really cool, nice subtle touch.

'bout all I wanted to say
Nice work, I have a few songs that sound a lot like this (but more "metal", usually the intro sounds like your song then changes and doesn't go back) which are still works in progress =(

The transition at bar 42, very very nice.

The 2 guitars working together at bar 54 onwards, awesome dude, I gotta start writing stuff like this (thanks for the idea! haha don't worry I won't steal anything).

Transition at bar 74, that was really cool how you had the jazz guitar playing the whole time and it faded out just to the jazz guitar channel, good stuff. The only suggestion I have here is perhaps change the 15-0-13-0etc riff, modify it a little and add that as a modified riff. Kinda hard to explain but basically instead of having the same thing played over and over again (even though its very effective, so don't listen to what I'm saying right now lol) have a little variety to keep the audience's attention.

Great bass too, especially near the end.

The drums are fine, not sure what the person above was talking about.

Not much I can say about this song other than its diff. from the style of music I usually delve in, but its a nice change of pace. I for one like it, has a lot of potential, thought about adding lyrics/vocals?

9/10.

Oh, and thanks for critiquing my song too, appreciate it!
I really liked it, once again reminded me of God Is An Astronaut which is definitely not a bad thing

Only thing I'd change is in that bass line at bar 103 and forwards, that A# note to B, sounds better to my ears to keep it in key
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Sick.

Wow.
Your cleans.
I've said it before but this is a whole new level.
Flawless emotion spreads throughout it. =\ I don't know what you used as an influence but I love it.
The only problem I have with your music are your basslines.
For some reason they instantly turn me off so I end up muting them, hope you don't mind.
The repetativeness really hit hard. Good job.
There's not much else to say, but I'm proud I've listened to this.
It personally doesn't remind me of anything. =\ it's so weird, it's itself... It's music.
9/10.

I might consider recording every track itself with your permission.

Another thing, lyrics?
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows

I might consider recording every track itself with your permission.

Another thing, lyrics?

1. No
2. No

I'm afraid.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo