Hey all, Christmas is coming up! So I figure I have an excuse to pick up another guitar. This one will be mostly blues, alt, and grunge. I'm looking at a standard Tele right now, I've played around with a few and really liked them. Any other suggestions within that 400 dollar price range? Or am I basically hitting the nail on the head with the tele?
Yes, its a very versatile guitar
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
i love my tele, if you like the brighter tone...sounds very nice on my blues jr.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I'm only worried that I won't get the lows I really like to play with when I'm playing some blues out of the tele, when compared to a strat. Will i be surprised?
Quote by pENTAcUBE
I'm only worried that I won't get the lows I really like to play with when I'm playing some blues out of the tele, when compared to a strat. Will i be surprised?

You won't find the same lows you'd find in a mahogany guitar. I find that strats tend to be more expressive at the lower ends then tele's.
Quote by pENTAcUBE

Unless you can find a tele with a rosewood neck maybe. Or if such a thing exists. Correct me if I'm wrong, but maple is a better neck wood for highs, is it not? I just started playing guitar again after about a 6 month hiatus, so all of my knowledge is still rusty.
I love the tele but I really don't want to drop 400 bucks and turn around and play my strat knockoff instead. This has become a more frustrating decision all of a sudden.