I've been playing my acoustic Yamaha F-325 for about a month and a half right now, about two to three hours a day.
I would consider myself a beginner to intermediate guitarist and I am about to purchase an electric guitar for Christmas. I play a variety of styles from oldies to punk to post-hardcore.
What should I look for in an electric guitar? Especially considering it will probably be a guitar I'll be gigging with?
Thanks for any advice
Gotta post your budget/price-range.
Edit: Also what kind of amp you have or want to get, and the price range for that too...
My starting budget is from $250 to about $350 max to get all of what I need.
The amp- it's not too much of a concern, because the band I would gig with already has a solid amp.
But a 10 to 15W practice amp should suffice

EDIT: This would be my first electric guitar. Therefore i have no amp of my own
Quote by rock-is-passion
My starting budget is from $250 to about $350 max to get all of what I need.
The amp- it's not too much of a concern, because the band I would gig with already has a solid amp.
But a 10 to 15W practice amp should suffice

EDIT: This would be my first electric guitar. Therefore i have no amp of my own

what kind of amp would you be gign w/
Quote by M.P.A.Guitarist
what kind of amp would you be gign w/

I'm not too sure but I do know that it's a Marshall 150 w combo amp.
Dude go with a schecter I bet you will love em. I have a schecter omen 6 which is 300 dollars at guitar center and it sounds amazing for a guitar at that price. You should for sure go try it out dude it rocks!
Roland Micro Cube of a Peavey Vypyr 15 will be a fine amp.
Ibanez makes good low end guitars mostly. But also check out a Yamaha Pacifica 112J or 112V.