SO i'm wanting a tube amp to play at home, something on the smaller side. i wont be gigging with this, and i doubt i'll be jamming with it either. i'd say anywhere from 5-15 watts but i can go louder if need be.I'd also like it on the cheaper side if possible.

It's need to have a decent dist. channel. I play stuff like killswitch engage, trivum, soilwork, slipknot, etc, so cleans aren't very important.

I was thinking a little blackheart, and then using a metal muff to give it a good bit of dist.

I will likely be using this amp with a 10 band EQ and the metal muff, since im gettting both of these pedals fairly soon. so suggestions anyone? thanks
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I'd get a cube 30x or a 30 watt vypyr. Low wattage tube amps are made for blues/classic rock, they aren't good for metal.

What's your total budget, if you buy an amp that suits you in the first place you won't need an eq or the metal muff.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i would say anything below 500, im not really wanting to spend a whole lot, i already have a amp that i'm happy gigging with, its just too loud to play at home with.
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Oh, then check out the vypyr and the cube, those do metal pretty well and will probably sound better than a tube amp + a metal muff.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
the vypyr looks promising, i'll have to check it out at the store.

any other suggestions?
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
I'm going to second the Vypyr, I'm thinking about picking one up myself to have with me at school. Its really quite versatile and sounds better than anything else in its price range imo. By a long shot.