hey

ive had my marshall amp for quite a while accompanied with the 1960a cab aswell.

so im just wondering about ohms n hopefully someone will be able to answer my question ' why do i think its not that loud considering there's 8 amps and 4 pre amps.....'

there is a ohms selector on the back sayins:

Amp:____(100w/ch)

Channel A:
8/16ohms

Channel B:
8/16ohms

Cab:____(300w RMS)

Mono:
Right-4ohms
Left-16ohms

Stereo:___(150w/ch)
Right-8ohms
left-8ohms

I use the setup of having both channels on 8ohms and the cab on stereo.
I also use a boss gt-8 effects proccesting pedal with this set up.

can anyone explain to me why this could be?

p.s i have tried turning up the effects pedal up but when it gets quite high the sound distorts.
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I’m not sure about the universe
Last edited by Slash181 at Nov 28, 2008,
Just make sure the ohms match the cabinet. Honestly, I don't understand what you're talking about. What exactly is your question?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
sorry question re-wrote

i know nothing of ohms my question in basic terms would be
i expect this amp to be very very loud and its not. and i wonder why ive paid alot of money for something which isnt realli that good....maybe its just me :S theres too much bass quality to it aswell
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I’m not sure about the universe
How many ohms is the cabinet?

Why on earth would you buy a rack amp without know how ohms work and how to hook it up?
its all been re put in the first post ohms of the amp and cab, i messed up originally.

im not sure it was a year back or so i was 16 at the time so to me sound was everything
Ok, try this, hook channel a to the right side of the cab and set it to 8 ohms, hook channel b to the left side and set it to 8 ohms as well, then make sure the gt8 is running to both channels. If it's still quiet you could have a problem with the amp, or maybe the gt8 doesn't have enough power.
i do this, its loud but not for 200w if ya get me. ive been told i would never use 200w fully but my sound never cuts through on gigs, so im on 4/5 of the way on my amp before i am near distorting my sound.
i think it maybe the gt-8..... :S
its got a triple cosm engine in the proccessor (apprantly) makes no sense to me.
Yeah, you probably need a proper preamp for that power amp.
What do you suggest, i have my amp in a flight case and i think i have 4u left on there without my actuall amp over heating (produces alot of heat)
I dunno, I'm not really experienced with rack gear.
okay cheers for your help anyway, much appreciated.
least im a step further

so......does anyone know good pre amp's i could use.....or shall i post that on an other thread?
There's a rack amp thread somewhere, do a search and you should be able to find it.