Page 1 of 3
What artists do you think are just what music needs nowadays?

Note that this does not mean your favorite. They don't even have to be a good artist, but if what they do could be done better, it is what this industry is in dire need of.

In my opinion, I think The Killers are what we need. Something different. They might not be the first to make music like they do, but nowadays they're certainly the best at it in my opinion.
In my opinion, I think The Jonas Brothers are what we need. Something different. They might not be the first to make music like they do, but nowadays they're certainly the best at it in my opinion.
Quote by Tophue
nothing. musics good right now. all of it

If not for Hannah Montana, I would have sworn off music altogether. She saved the sound.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by metaldud536
In my opinion, I think The Jonas Brothers are what we need. Something different. They might not be the first to make music like they do, but nowadays they're certainly the best at it in my opinion.
I agree.

But with added hand grenades.
Personally, the whole Cyrus clan has saved music. Oh yes. *Nod*
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
More big riffs. I think a lot of rock music nowadays has pretty silent lead parts. I'd like to see some big riffs come out.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Trey Alexander

I just discovered him yesterday and he is amazing. If he became more famous I think it would be really good for music and inspire more people to make not-crappy music.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
We're missing this generation's Stones/Aerosmith/GNR type band...a good blues based hard rock band (Buckcherry had the best shot at this probably, but the current class of pop-hard rock bands like Nickelback and Hinder aren't even close)
Alter Bridge.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by metaldud536
*waits for Tom_Hatton*

*Arrives!*

*Waits for Tom_Hatton as well*
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
We need lots more dual solos, wahsturbation, poor muddy production, crusty distorted riffs played as fast and heavy as possible and out of tune grunting.

It'll save us all.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I think the killers are on to something that appeals to mainstream but isn't like most mainstream, especially with the new cd. Muse falls into this as well. But there is also a need for bands to come out with cds and tours like portugal. the man's censored colors or ryan adams or something that brings what music is about into focus. There are some good things out there. They just don't dominate the radio.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by Fred1000000
Personally, the whole Cyrus clan has saved music. Oh yes. *Nod*

Yeah, we need more Billy Ray Cyrus, more Metro Station and specially more Miley Cyrus.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Oh god another rush would be terrible. neil pert was the worst lyricist ever
Quote by TooFast
More big riffs. I think a lot of rock music nowadays has pretty silent lead parts. I'd like to see some big riffs come out.

AMEN to that.
We're only strays.
Airbourne.

Keeping Rock and Roll alive.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by andy_thomas
Alter Bridge.

couldn't have said it better myself.

what music needs is more cowbell

LMFAO! somehow I expected to see that response in here.
Quote by Powerhouse
We need more bands that sound like Nickelback.

One is too much already, thank you.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by SonataFanica

rather a million nicklebacks than one SONATA ARCTICA
We need The Wildhearts! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUb-UQJeZjM

Actually we needed them like 15 years ago, when they made possibly the greatest album to ever come out of Britain.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Airbourne setting back rock 20 years.

I suppose music could use more original artists in general. Expect there is plenty of those so music is fine.
Quote by Powerhouse
We need more bands that sound like Nickelback.

I really, really, REALLY hope that this was a joke.
Quote by Tophue
Oh god another rush would be terrible. neil pert was the worst lyricist ever

While I respect your opinion I offer you a challenge to write better ones. Whos lyrics do you enjoy?
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Nov 28, 2008,
Shwayze is one of the best things to happen to music in a whilee...a good mix of acoustic rock and hip-hop.
Also The Killers, Jack Johnson and Ben Harper. They're all really good at what they do.
"You've got to dance like nobody else is watching.
Dream like you will live forever.
Live like you're going to die tomorrow,
and love like it is never gonna hurt."
-- James Dean (1931-1955)

Quote by JakeTheDuck
This man has the right idea.

^
oh yeahhh
Quote by cxrlxscr
Yeah, we need more Billy Ray Cyrus, more Metro Station and specially more Miley Cyrus.

Indeed. And don't forget such fantastic artists such as Soulja Boy and The Jonas Brothers! Such brilliantly talented artists!
Quote by SonataFanica

Quote by Sever_the_Skull
I really, really, REALLY hope that this was a joke.

Quote by metaldud536
*waits for Tom_Hatton*

Quote by SonataFanica
*Arrives!*

*Waits for Tom_Hatton as well*

*Waits for Tom_hatton as well, as well*
YES. more alter bridge

,..and more cowbell, ovbiously
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

we need a musical revolution like in the 60s-70s.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by p_r_ess
Indeed. And don't forget such fantastic artists such as Soulja Boy and The Jonas Brothers! Such brilliantly talented artists!

"WHA ME CRANK DAT WHA ME ROW! "

He will be remembered far beyond his time as a visionary, and a pioneer.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Page 1 of 3