so... my plucking arm gets pretty tired fast, and I was wondering, what can I do to increase my arm strength for plucking? its not my fingers that get tired, but the muscles in the lower part of my arm between the wrist and elbow

so yea, suggestions plz

and yes I do pushups and ****
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
drum on tables.
type one handed.
play bass.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
There's nothing better than playing through the pain. Sure it hurts and could possibly cause major complications but who cares? But seriously, just play until you can't any longer. You'll eventually build up some crazy forearm muscles and it's okay if you don't get anywhere at first. I still have problems when playing high tempos for more than a couple hours.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Me and my band have been playing together since June, and I (and the others as well) wouldn't last an hour before taking a break.

Now, we can go for hours and not feel a thing.

Basically, I'm suggesting building stamina by playing more and more, and pushing through the pain.
the immortal words of my uncle, Dan Vickrey "practice, practice, pratice, JUNIOR!!!"he calls me junior.....

at first i couldnt finish higher ground, but now i can finish it a thousand times through, i dotn really get tired, play til u cant paly no more, rest for as long as u need, maybe over night, then do it all over. slowly by slowly you'll get better, adn be able to play longer, faster, junk of such
Try adding more delay.
dude just scribble for mass hours randomly, it helps, or if you want to get more pleasure out of it, masterbate A LOT.
Just so you know, TS, the tendons connected to your fingers run the length of your arm....they go through a tunnel-like structure in your wrist. That's usually what starts hurting.
Nope, no sig here.
Also, relax when you're playing. If you are tense, you will get tired faster, in my experience.

Also, do this . Serious hand strength training.

But really, practice, and relax.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
If you have bulk forearm muscles from the start...you just masturbate to much
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
Just practice man, if you play through the pain a bit then you will eventually get better, that's the theory behind developing muscles when you play sports and it should pretty much carry over.
Quote by samskii
Also, relax when you're playing. If you are tense, you will get tired faster, in my experience.

....is the correct answer...
I grip a pull up bar and hold myself there hanging for as long as I can a few times a day, I don't really have any proof on if this actually does anything but I've been doing it for about two months now and I can go maybe two and a half hours without feeling any noticeable bit of exhaustion in my arms.

Pretty cool, but maybe its just how much I practice that's doing it.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
There's a simple thing at my school gym that might help you a bit.

Take a section of PVC pipe (about 1 foot long by 2 inches thick) drill a hole in it, tie one end of a length of nylon rope (about 3 feet) to the pipe by that hole, tie the other end to a 5 lb weight. Then, to exercise, roll the pipe by bending your wrist forward until the rope wraps all the way around and you've lifted the weight all the way up.

Or, just play more.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Wrist curls?

Also the guy above me has a good idea, I did that in baseball.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Yea, that sounds right. I didn't know it had a name.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX