This is a song I made for a girl I'm talking to. She doesn't know that I have anything for her yet and she loves when i play guitar so i decided to do something like this

What do you think of this song?

It's just a rough recording though so... Dont expect studio quality.

Song is in profile.
Last edited by Cody.Guitarist at Nov 28, 2008,
You listen to Killswitch Engage and you wrote that Jack Johnson sounding pop tune? Wow...

Anyway - I can't understand what you're saying, so I can't really comment on what I think of it. Post lyrics here maybe?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Diversity is a wonderful thing

Lyrics:

Something about you.
Written and composed by: Cody Howard

Your standing there with your arms open wide
waiting to give me a friendly good bye,
but you cant see what is on my mind
I think about you constantly.

Chorus-------------------------------------|
I wish that i could open up my heart
and spell my dreams out to you,----
and i wish that I could hold your hand
and walk with you all through the sand
yeah that is what id really like to do.----

Let me hold you just a second longer
i really wish this moment could last forever,
in your arms i really feel at home
but i know that its time to go
you've got your things and i've got mine.

Chorus

I wish that i could open up my heart
and spell my dreams out to you,----
and i wish that I could hold your hand
and walk with you all through the sand
yeah that is something i one day will do.....
Alright then.

It's a cliche love song, man. If you're being honest, that's good, but it's just like other love songs. Especially with how the acoustic is played.

IMO.

If it's honest, though, she'll probably dig it.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Thanks

What did you think of the vocals? The reason you can't hear me is because I am incredible shy with my singing. I only just started singing... So basically when i record all you hear is guitar because I am too embarrassed to sing out loud(I live in a college dorm room).
The singing didn't sound too bad - it's really hard to tell becuase it's so buried.

If you're gonna sing it to her, man, you're gonna have to get right over that.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Lol. I know I know.... I'm getting better. I mean i posted on an international site that can be viewed by anyone. So baby steps.
100% Honest here! I really liked it. I'm also pretty positive that whoever she is, she'll really like it too. I couldn't hear the lyrics too good barely actually but maybe its my comp or speakers. And I'm sure when you sing it for her she'll be able to hear it way better than I did. But musically I really liked it and was impressed. My wife and I both listened at the same time and agreed it was good. Why not throw a nice little solo of sorts in there somewhere I think that'd be pretty sweet. Nothing complicated just a sweet short little diddy maybe, Just my opinion! You should tab it with lyrics on UG! If you do let me know okay?? Keep Rocking Good Job. I saved it to desktop :}
Man you just made me feel so good

Thank you so much. The sound is bad because I use my webcam (which has a terrible condenser mic).

I just might put it on UG now cause you asked.
Yeah id definately tab it out. Can you pm me the chord progression? sometime when your not busy. Also I dont think its a cliche love song. Nobody ever wrote me a song cliche or not LOL. Like I said it was rocking.
Just for you kingwarlock. I recorded a new version. Its not perfect but it has solos and my voice is clearer. Ill try to pm you the chord structure in tabs.
I actually did what you did, but in a much less romantic-like sense: after a party, where, acting like a true rock star, I got completely wasted, woke up hung over, and said to a bunch of people that i third based it with my kind-of GF (who was, in all honesty, completely f'ed up too) when i was just sort of halucinating-ish. She stopped talking to me, and i felt really bad. So, i wrote a song saying i'm sorry, and we're closer than ever.

but, on the topic of your song, i find it's way less cliche than most love songs these days. It seems more upbeat than the normal love song. plus, girls love it when you write songs about them. i give it an A-
Haha thanks. Great story too. My grandma has a song that she wrote about a conversation she had with my grandpa (He was appologizing) its beautiful.
yeah that hit the spot man. LOVE the solo, for me it changed the whole song even better. That's cool as hell man. Keep writing and posting. Look forward to that chord progression. Thanks man
Quote by Cody.Guitarist
Thanks

What did you think of the vocals? The reason you can't hear me is because I am incredible shy with my singing. I only just started singing... So basically when i record all you hear is guitar because I am too embarrassed to sing out loud(I live in a college dorm room).

i am the same way, i can tell you this if the song is written well like yours is it will sound good regardless of who sings it. Its all about the melody. If you enjoy the song then sing your heart out you wouldnt realize anyones watching
The most talented man on earth...
You are absolutely right DeadIdentity81. I think I might just doing it in 3 tracks then (Rhythm, Vocals, Lead) Instead of two like i did.

Who cares if people hear me singing. I like to do it and i feel good with the product.

Thanks
Wow man that was a really good song. Warlock was right the solo made it ALOT better. I'm sure the girl that this is for will love it. Chicks dig it when you write songs for them. You need to speak up though screw the other people do what your good at! Good luck with the girl dude!
I totally agree with all the comments above.Your singing will get better with confidence and treat the voice as an,"Instrument" like any other.It needs tuning,practice and training all of which can be done a home.
The fact that at such a young age you have good tempo and have come up with a good song structure and decent lyrics means you are already ahead of the game.

For vocal confidence and training there's loads of great stuff around now that I which
had been there when I was younger.

checkout some of the vocal lessons on youtube,

This guy knows his stuff.Doesn't mater about the style,

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u7w6GFsY6CE
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5CWsFaVnWM&feature=related

C4C