Okay...my guitar has some muddy pickups. Through every amp I play through I can't get any sparkle on my cleans. The distortion is nice and smooth, but my cleans are dull and muddy. What are some clear pickups with decent output on the bridge pickup for distortion, but can still handle cleans for jazz, blues, oldies, etc. on the neck or middle position?
If you've got humbuckers then that's just the way it is - you only really get sparkly cleans with single coils.

Try lowering your pickups on the bass side a bit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
So humbuckers always stay real dark sounding? It's probably just because I've been ruined on my friend's Strat...she should have never lent it to me... Well, I could get it a little more clear sounding though right? What are some really clear humbuckers? I don't mind a higher output bridge pup. I use cleans on the neck and middle setting.
Why did I immediately think of Seymour Duncan Invaders upon reading the thread title?

As for pickups, I myself have always wanted to try John Petrucci's setup (idk if he still uses them) of the air norton in the neck and d sonic in the bridge.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
great cleans for a neck bucker is the Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
+1

You can also look at replacing the pots with 1 megs to improve treble response, or rewiring your pickups. If they're 4 conductor then you could rewire them in parallel to brighten them up a little and lower the output a bit, or you could install a series/parallel toggle or coil split. If nothing just lower the pickups a bit to give them more space to breathe.

The Humbucker from Hell is specifically designed with single coil characteristics and it excels at "sparkle", but in general humbuckers are always going to sound darker than singles.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com