Ok, I asked about the Marshall MG100HDFX a while ago but after watching a few www.youtube.com videos i've decided the tone is kinda boring and lacking in variety ... so I thought I would ask for your guys reccomendations, I know, I'm a sensible guy

Okay, my fund is completely pathetic and will make tone masters cry ... i have about 400 pounds (700 US dollars I believe).

My music: I play a lot of punk, grunge and pop-punk. I also play funk, but not so much thats it's a must, i just do it because it funny and well, funky!

Needs: Better cleans than a Line 6 Spider III, needs to be pretty loud as I will be gigging a lot after Christmas.

However, distortion I am not too bothered by at all as I only like the sound of my two distortion pedals when it comes too gain. I use an Ibanez SM-7 Distortion and a Digitech Grunge Pedal. So it must be compatible well with pedals.

Okay, I was looking at the Fender FM100 ... so opinions?

(Btw, will prefer a head-cabinet)
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
You'll get booed off stage if you try to gig with an MG or an FM.
and you have a Grunge?
ouch.
And why did you hotlink youtube?? hahaha

And you won't be able to afford a good head-cabinet (also known as a half stack in common english) for that, so I would go for a combo.
Last edited by tona_107 at Nov 28, 2008,
Quote by tona_107
You'll get booed off stage if you try to gig with an MG or an FM.
and you have a Grunge?
ouch.
And why did you hotlink youtube?? hahaha

And you won't be able to afford a good head-cabinet (also known as a half stack in common english) for that, so I would go for a combo.

ok, whats a combo?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
ok, whats a combo?

A combo is an amp that has the amp and the speaker built into the same cabinet.

take a look online at what you can find used in your area, that's going to be the best bang for your buck in that budget.
and I agree with the recommendations above.