I've been thinking about getting myself a new guitar and amp to get me all psyched about playing again. For the amp I'm pretty set on a Classic 30. As far as the guitar I was thinking about getting a Tele. Right now I've been listening to a lot of Death Cab For Cutie, Minus The Bear, Bright Eyes, etc. Do you think a Tele would be a good choice? I can probably go up to about $700.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
I've been thinking about getting myself a new guitar and amp to get me all psyched about playing again. For the amp I'm pretty set on a Classic 30. As far as the guitar I was thinking about getting a Tele. Right now I've been listening to a lot of Death Cab For Cutie, Minus The Bear, Bright Eyes, etc. Do you think a Tele would be a good choice? I can probably go up to about $700.

all day is tele time!

telecasters are pretty awesome, i think telecasters would kick ass for pop-punk (those bands are i beleive ...). and like everyone will say, try it out ... and if you cant, just get it :P
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
If you're looking to get your passion for music back by buying new gear, you're looking in the wrong place and you're going to waste a lot of money.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I think an Epiphone Les Paul would be best for any genre if you ask me.
Quote by strat0blaster
If you're looking to get your passion for music back by buying new gear, you're looking in the wrong place and you're going to waste a lot of money.

I'm totally that way. When I buy new equipment, I get a rush of creativity and musical energy. I love it. Some people aren't that way, though.

I like those bands and a Tele is DEFINITELY the way to go. I have a 50s classic, if you're into the feel of a guitar and a comfortable neck, check that one out. The thinline should be good, too, but make sure to get the one with the single coil in the bridge, or that's just a waste of a tele (in my opinion).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm totally that way. When I buy new equipment, I get a rush of creativity and musical energy. I love it. Some people aren't that way, though.

I like those bands and a Tele is DEFINITELY the way to go. I have a 50s classic, if you're into the feel of a guitar and a comfortable neck, check that one out. The thinline should be good, too, but make sure to get the one with the single coil in the bridge, or that's just a waste of a tele (in my opinion).

i improve in my guitar playing ability's alot just becuse i wanna hear new sounds
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass