ok my budget is 4000$ and i need a new amp to get rid of a crappy line 6.
i am very OCD, and indecisive
i have to be able to buy a guitar, amp, and pedals.

i have been looking at a BC Rich ASM Pro
and
KH 602

Brands i llike:
Ibenaz
B.C Rich
ESP & LTD

Amps:
marshall
mesa boogie

Specs:
Neck thru
floyd rose or kahler
preferbly emg pickups
yea thats what i said......when its that high i don't ask questions. and i havn't heard of ormsby before. thanks.
Last edited by Use-ur-Name? at Nov 28, 2008,
I was recently looking at a guitar just like you.
My budget was about 1000 euro.
And I was choosing between the KH602 but I got ESP LTD JH600.
And I am really glad I did. It is awesome.
It's Jeff Hannemans signature, (Jeff Hanneman from Slayer)
Its got EMG's (81/85) like you want, neck thru and a Kahler Hybrid bridge.
It's definetly worth the money, it plays great, so I would suggest the ESP LTD JH600.
Good luck!

EDIT: The price was 950 euro on www.thomann.de
The neck is also thin which is really great, has ebony fretboard and alder body.
Spiraling up through the crack in the sky
Leaving material world behind
I see your face in constellations
The martyr is ending his life for mine.
Last edited by Mazujev at Nov 28, 2008,
i'm not the biggest fan of slayer but it does have evrything i like all keep it in mind thanks.
woah woah, I see way to many of these threads where people have massive massive budgets, first off how long have you been playing guitar for??

I think if you are really really serious about spending that amount of money on gear i suggest doing some research but... each to their own. If i had your money to spend it would be:

Ernieball Musicman JP Walnut Burst or a Suhr Modern

Mesa boogie Mark IV or a Cornford mk50 / 100

That would be my dream setup, but that's some serious cash you are coughing out man.. I would half that budget and spend it wisely. Do your homework, you learn whats good and bad through experience man and experience alone
Yeah, no problem.
The reason I chose this over the KH602 is because it just pretty much was a better guitar in my opinion. I dont really didnt like that KH602 had 2 EMG 81 pickups, the 81/85 combo is better imo. And ebony fretboard.
But yeah.
Good luck on your search.

Quote by Zanon
woah woah, I see way to many of these threads where people have massive massive budgets, first off how long have you been playing guitar for??

I think if you are really really serious about spending that amount of money on gear i suggest doing some research but... each to their own. If i had your money to spend it would be:

Ernieball Musicman JP Walnut Burst or a Suhr Modern

Mesa boogie Mark IV or a Cornford mk50 / 100

That would be my dream setup, but that's some serious cash you are coughing out man.. I would half that budget and spend it wisely. Do your homework, you learn whats good and bad through experience man and experience alone

That guitar is amazing aswell.
Last edited by Mazujev at Nov 28, 2008,
that really helps and i actualy might half it indeed. and i agree with you. and with some of eexperiance being that one of my friends has a marshal and hes got it setup pretty bad. adn that kind of turned me away from marshalls for a wile.
Zanon is right though.
With a budget like that you shouldnt rush into it.
You might end up getting stuff you don't like.
thanks. and when you do have a budget like i do theres so many differennt options and it just is really hard to shoose so i might just drop it some.
Quote by Mazujev
Yeah, no problem.
The reason I chose this over the KH602 is because it just pretty much was a better guitar in my opinion. I dont really didnt like that KH602 had 2 EMG 81 pickups, the 81/85 combo is better imo. And ebony fretboard.
But yeah.
Good luck on your search.

That guitar is amazing aswell.

So is the fuggin price tag :/ Possibly one of the most overpriced guitars in existance, i mean it's absolutely stunning but stupid people pay 2500 for a guitar
Quote by Zanon
So is the fuggin price tag :/ Possibly one of the most overpriced guitars in existance, i mean it's absolutely stunning but stupid people pay 2500 for a guitar

What? You mean the John Petrucci guitar?
I agree man, you have to sell everything you own + your soul to get John Petrucci's gear
Seriously though if I were given like 3k to spend on a guitar I guess it would have to be a JP6 I played one at the LGS [London guitar show] and I seriously creamed myself haha

BUT TS! Spend your money wisely man gain some experience and then go for a mega guitar.. when you know it's the right time
Yeah, JP's gear would be my wet dream
Oh and TS, if you want to, go to www.youtube.com and search JH600 ,there is a guy who reviews the JH600 and I believe he was making the same choice(Between a KH guitar and the JH one)
GO FOR AN ENGL AMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesnt get any more metal than ENGL. Sounds killer, but just a tiny wee little bit expensive
schecter c-7 hellraiser, but man with that money your gonna have a tough time choosing
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by Mazujev
What? You mean the John Petrucci guitar?
I agree man, you have to sell everything you own + your soul to get John Petrucci's gear

Yeah,

The guitar was actually made by Mr. Ibanez.

The body was constructed of ancient chinese oak

They use custom metal strings that withstand the temperatures of the sun.

The pickups were handwired by Tony Blair

The guitar was painted by Michael Angelo (I don't mean that guitar noob I mean the guy who painted Jesus on that ceiling and stuff)

The frets are made from John Petrucci's own home grown tree from his back yard.

That's quality right there.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Yeah,

The guitar was actually made by Mr. Ibanez.

The body was constructed of ancient chinese oak

They use custom metal strings that withstand the temperatures of the sun.

The pickups were handwired by Tony Blair

The guitar was painted by Michael Angelo (I don't mean that guitar noob I mean the guy who painted Jesus on that ceiling and stuff)

The frets are made from John Petrucci's own home grown tree from his back yard.

That's quality right there.

its ironic how you have a michael angelo batio avatar lol
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by TheBodomBullet
What you don't believe me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMYeXkYcgs

Dont forget, you can go into world domination and killzone mode. You can play like 4 million notes per second!
I am actually in same boat as you.(have quiet a bit to spend)...I like the KH602 and also like the Messa Boogie Express 5:25 combo.

Other guitars I am debating about: Like Jon Petrucci Music Man--very nice guitar accidently came across it watching Metallica Covers on Youtube-some franse gomez(didnt spell right) playes one and it sounds unbelievable. I also like guitars with Dimarzios as well, Like Satriani sigs, and also Ibanez prestige burl guitar.
Guitar:
Ibanez S Prestige
or Parker Nitefly

Amp:
Krank
or Mesa Boogie

EDIT:
I forgot about Blackmachine guitars
Def. get a Blackmachine B2 w/ Bareknuckles

Last edited by LesZao at Dec 3, 2008,