Im trying to figure out what tri-tones are?? explanation in the most basic way would help alot considering i have very very limited knowledge on musical theory!

Also, if their specific notes, can u tell me what frets and what strings the tri-tones notes are on a Drop B tuning!!

Thanks!
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
can you elaborate more?? sorry as i said, i really dont know much music theory
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
A step is a jump of two frets- so 3rd fret to 5th fret. It's the same as a tone. One fret up is a semitone or a half step.

Take a note, add 6 frets. There's your tritone. So you could play:

e
B
G
D
A 6
E 5

In a drop tuning, you'd simply push the lower note up two frets (if on the dropped string), so in drop D, the above would be:

e
B
G
D
A 6
D 7
thats not necessarily true. there is no half step musically between a B and C, and E and F. therefore this has to be accounted for when counting steps
ahhhh ok, img etting there slowly, cheers!
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Quote by pbraley25
thats not necessarily true. there is no half step musically between a B and C, and E and F. therefore this has to be accounted for when counting steps

What are you talking about? The interval between a B and a C (ascending) IS a half step, same with E to F. However, the physical shape on the guitar will not change regardless of the notes; Deliriumbassist is completely correct.
Quote by pbraley25

I shall respectfully disagree and cite the C major scale, and the formula for the major scale as proof that B to C and E to F are half steps.
Quote by pbraley25

Well actually no it doesn't, a step is not the distance between two non-accidental (D-E, G-A) notes but the distance spanned by 2 semitones.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.