i have an epiphone les paul and a marshall mg 100hdfx. my guitar's pickups doesn"t give a lot of distortion and i was wondering what pickups i should buy to have a punk sounding distortion like rancid or nofx. I'm thinking of either getting duncan distortion or jb but i don't know which has a more punk sounding. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.
Quote by bloodsex0
i have an epiphone les paul and a marshall mg 100hdfx. my guitar's pickups doesn"t give a lot of distortion and i was wondering what pickups i should buy to have a punk sounding distortion like rancid or nofx. I'm thinking of either getting duncan distortion or jb but i don't know which has a more punk sounding. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

I think we might like the same kinda music and I have some covers using the Distortion p-ups in my Epi...... but, your amp is going to be a bigger factor than your p-ups.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Save that money for a new amp. Pickups would be a waste of money with your current setup.

Also, ease up on the distortion. You don't need as much of it as you think. MG's might not be the best amp, but they have enough distortion for punk.
yep better amp... anyway, I'm kinda wondering, which would be better for metal?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
yep better amp... anyway, I'm kinda wondering, which would be better for metal?

Depends on your preferred flavor of metal. The Distortion is much higher output, but a lot of people prefer the JB.