I was wondering if it would be worth it to put a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge and a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the neck of my Ibanez RG2EX1. I know that the wood effects the sound the most so would my guitar be good enough for me to put these pickups in or should I wait until I get a more high-end guitar? Thanks
It'd be worth it if you like the guitar enough and, more importantly, you have a good amp. What amp are you currently using?
It's all in preference. If you'd rather get great pickups for a just decent guitar, or4 wait and get great pickups in a great guitar which takes time and money, then do it. If you wanna get the good sound without the extra waiting and cash, then do it. Plus, It wouldn't be bad. I have a set of Duncan Blackout's in an LTD Viper I bought for $75 (Haha). It's not 100% about just the guitar.
Quote by T!AN
It'd be worth it if you like the guitar enough and, more importantly, you have a good amp. What amp are you currently using?

Well right now I'm using a little Johnson Reptone 15 but I'm planning to get something like a Fender Frontman 212R and use it for cleans and use pedals for everything else.
Wait until you get a better amp until you start worrying about pickups. You'd hardly notice a difference with what you're using now.

Also, that particular Fender amp is terrible. What's your budget?
About $300-$350 or I can go a little higher if really necessary. Also I plan on using the next amp I buy for a long time so it needs to be able to play over drums as well.
What style of music do you play?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
What style of music do you play?

Lots of Buckethead and anything from Slipknot, Metallica and any kind of metal to Pearl Jam and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Your gonna want to save more.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

+1

A lot more...a Fender Frontman is a pretty cruddy amp, and nowhere near suited to the kind of stuff you want to play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Honestly with that budget the best amp (new) IMO is the Vypyr 75... Used you could find a few different amps (randalls, Peaveys, B-52's)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.