I'm trying to find a new guitar that I can really get into. Few questions here;

1. I play in all types of different tunings, from E all the way down to B. I want a floyd rose, but they were so difficult to change the tunings on, I got fed up with it at times. What would I really be missing out on if I got a standard bridge?

2. I've been trying to find a good guitar with Dual Humbuckers and 24 frets, are there any out there that are of good quality as far as the actual guitar goes? I could just buy a new set of pickups if the originals suck.

3. What type of guitar should I get if I play different genres? I play stuff from Silversun Pickups, to All That Remains. is there a guitar that can actually sound smooth on all genres without giving me that rugged harsh sound on the more "gentle" songs?

PS I'm looking for something preferably under $200, $250 max. And as I said, if it has back pickups, I could just replace them. But then I'll be posting about that as well, because I've never done any modding.
Quote by die_kenny_die
ate a girl out on her period...

i regret nothing.

I know how to shred paper, does that count?
Best advice: keep saving. Even $250 wouldn't get you anything that is worth listening to. Even if you change the PUPs and that, the floyd would most likely be licenced (some licenced floyds are good, but most are ****) and the build quality would probably be below par. Also, the only thing you'd be missing out on a standard bridge is the dive bombs and other wangbar tricks; if you're going to change tuning that often, I wouldn't recommend a floyd or any other trem for that matter because it's basically a bitch to set up.

I'm sure someone else could give plenty of better reasons, but my advice is that you should save your money and get a guitar that
Quote by bambamm89
I'm trying to find a new guitar that I can really get into. Few questions here;

1. I play in all types of different tunings, from E all the way down to B. I want a floyd rose, but they were so difficult to change the tunings on, I got fed up with it at times. What would I really be missing out on if I got a standard bridge?

2. I've been trying to find a good guitar with Dual Humbuckers and 24 frets, are there any out there that are of good quality as far as the actual guitar goes? I could just buy a new set of pickups if the originals suck.

3. What type of guitar should I get if I play different genres? I play stuff from Silversun Pickups, to All That Remains. is there a guitar that can actually sound smooth on all genres without giving me that rugged harsh sound on the more "gentle" songs?

PS I'm looking for something preferably under $200, $250 max. And as I said, if it has back pickups, I could just replace them. But then I'll be posting about that as well, because I've never done any modding.

Don't bother with such a low budget. I don't think I've ever played, let alone seen a guitar with such standards under $250. But regardless, to answer your questions..

1. There are almost no drawbacks. You could buy two digitech whammy pedals, set one to dive bombs and the other to dime squeals. Sounds exactly like the actual vibrato.

2. You're looking for a Jackson. They offer amazing mid-range guitars. A Kelly KE3, RR3, or a DK2 is your best.

3. If you get the DK2, you could shove in a low output single coil in, and a high out-put single coil + high output humbucker in the middle and bridge positions.
1. U'd be missing out on many doors that the FR opens, specifically whammy stuff. but if it was a licensed, chances are its ****. so the hard tail would give you more sustain and an easier time as far as tuning goes.

2. The Ibanez's are pretty good and generally come in that spec, but u need to get the prestiges which cost about 800US and up. apart from that, stay away from the cheap ****. though schecter do some pretty damn good models for about 400US. Not sure about they're hardtail prices though.

Generally, if u wanna get a good Guitar with the specs and music u want, the easiest option is to get a Schecter C1 hardtail. they retail for about 800US i think, but on the plus side, they come stock with EMG 81's and 89's i think.

3. As far as this is concerned, any guitar will do fine if U can play it. Though obviously, dont get a frickin hollowbody to play metal. But in the end, it boils down to what amp u have, and the crate 15 watt isnt gonna help u, no matter what pickups you have.

So in conclusion with that, GET A NEW AMP. Mabye look at valve amps, or even randall solid states.

P.s: If u want to replicate the sounds that u like, ur gonna need a lot of money, cos most metalcore bands use pretty good gear. No substitute like good gear
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
Ok, I realize that about 60% of my sound is going to come from my playing 30% from my amp, and then the 10% from the guitar itself. But I've been told tons of times about cheap guitars that actually get the job done for under $250. Ofcourse Jacksons and Ibanezes are top choice, but honestly, I can't afford those prices. I've had tons of friend take cheap guitars with just a good solid body and neck, then fix the pickups and they play just as well as those higher end guitars. I'm actually trying to save up for a crate amp at about $400 as well. I can't really afford to spend $1,000 on just a guitar and amp, when I'm also looking at a few pedals. I only play in my room alone, I don't "pro" top line stuff. Just stuff that'll get me through practices and jamming with others occasionally.
Quote by die_kenny_die
ate a girl out on her period...

i regret nothing.

I know how to shred paper, does that count?