ok i was wondering if it would be better to get an epiphone g-400 and put emg's in later or get a epiphone prophecy custom sg which already has emg's in it. please dont post comments like "neither" or "they both suck" because im just a beginning guitarist and want a cheaper instrument
Gear
Guitar - Schecter C-1 Classic
Amp - Crate FXT65
Pedals - Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Digitech RP350

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
i vote prophecy it already has emg's and i dont know what they exactly do but supposed to get better clean
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
well if you're just a beginning guitarist then you don't need to be worried about a new instrument atm. be worried about advancing yourself enough until your instrument is absolutely the only thing holding you back before you decide to switch.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
I'd get the Prophecy, saves you the hassle of installing them.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
The Prophecy also has 24 frets and an awesome finish.

Personally I'd get the Prophecy if I had the monies.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'd go with the Prophecy. It has better specs too, like ebony fretboard, 24 frets, satin neck, etc.
make sure you really want emgs before you get it...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
The prophecy is an incredible guitar. I played one and fell in love with it. The EMGs are even good clean, I was simply amazed by it. The neck is extremely comfortable and the build is very solid feeling. It can obviously also scream.

It's not really a "budget" guitar, seeing how it's 800 USD, but it's worth the money. I would have gotten one if I had the change, and I don't even play metal (which is steryotypical for emgs)

although without a tube amp, emg's aren't going to be living up to their full potential.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I don't know about the Prophecy SG, but the Prophecy Les Paul I played had a thinner neck (shredder thin, actually) compared to the normal Epi neck. What I just said should be taken with a grain of salt though since the (normal) SG neck is thinner than the (normal) LP neck...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?