ok..i have a fender strat copy...and when the pickup switch is in the top few positions (not the bottom one, but the one towards the neck, with the warmer and bassier sound), it doesnt work. like it almostr seems lose or something, because i get liike breaks in between playing, and if i move the guitar too much itll stop working....and it's not just in the most upper position, but some other ones as well....

do i have to take my guitar apart to fix this? or what do i have to do in oder to make all the positions work
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!
Is it a squier? my first guitar was a squier and it did that, i took off the switch and got a new one.. still havent re-wired it cuz i dont use it anymore, but im 90% sure its the switch problem, cuz my bridge position worked perfectly,
I think you have a loose wire, but it's hard to tell from your description. Yes, fixing this will almost certainly involve taking your pickguard off. Pictures would help.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Ahh, mine did the same thing.
So I took out the audio jack, and tightened the nut on it, put it back in, and it worked like new.
take off the pickguard and if you have soldering experience resolder everything, if not just solder all the joints that look shotty/ loose
Quote by qwdudeqw
do i have to take my guitar apart to fix this? or what do i have to do in oder to make all the positions work
get some contact cleaner. the kind in an aerosol can with a thin tube connected to the nozzle. spray it into the slot for the switch and run the switch back and forth several times. you might be able to clean the switch without taking anything apart.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
errr...wouldnt that like make it wet....and shortcicuit?
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!
no it wouldn't. It's not shorting to anything. everything is already grounded.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.