17 11%
Epi Les Paul
35 22%
Voters: 161.
Page 1 of 2
Cougars: 16
Huskies: 13

Take that, UW. I've narrowed it down to the following:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=517413&base_pid=518291&base_pid=516035&base_pid=516037

Anyways, I'm not a fan of metal. Please don't tell me to get an ESP or Jackson or Ibanez or any of that; I'm the purist type who wants a guitar his dad would recognize.

I mostly play girly indie stuff like Motion City Soundtrack (if you click Back on your browser now it means you're a coward). In all seriousness the heaviest stuff I play is like Oasis or The Pillows.

This will be my second and last guitar. I'm Middle Eastern, so the idea of paying more than $600 for something that's essentially a luxury makes me want to rip open the chests of infidels and lay my eggs in them.

Oh you're probably wondering what my first was huh. It was a cheapo Costo-bought Strat copy.

Help a brudda out :<
Last edited by Yazdiane at Nov 28, 2008,
I love MIM Tele's, but I also know the G-400 is a solid guitar.

If I had to choose, I think I'd go for the Tele, it suits the "girly indie" genre I think.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
i would go with the epi les paul, or the tele, but that's just me
GEAR:
Ibanez GSA60 guitar
perri blue lighting strap
Digitech RP250 pedal
Marshall MG30 Amp

Quote by Glen
I call these Glen wads, they'll get you high just on flavor alone

FOUNDER OF THE JONAS BROTHERS SUCK group join today
Quote by Myung'sMusicman
But what does this have to do with your roomie losing a bet to you are they paying for they guitar?

Obviously
Based on your music genres, go with the Tele.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Thanks for the quick answers. This is so much faster and nicer than this other forum I go to. Gotta wait a whole damn week for just one response to a chance thread :/

Tele it is.
Tele ftw.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
girly indie = tele

Yes.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I said girly, not flamboyantly homosexual @_@

Good Lord how can you allow men to wear such shorts @____@
Quote by Yazdiane

Dude, YOU'RE the one who listens/plays this stuff. Not me.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Yazdiane
I'm Middle Eastern, so the idea of paying more than $600 for something that's essentially a luxury makes me want to rip open the chests of infidels and lay my eggs in them.

Sigged haha
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
Quote by Yazdiane

though he has a point
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'd say the tele or the SG, both are beautiful and kick ass guitars, and props to calling yourself "a girlie indie rock lover" , I dig honesty

and shorts those short should only be worn by high school XC/Track runners
Quote by l3p4rd
Dude, YOU'RE the one who listens/plays this stuff. Not me.

I'd make fun of ska but I couldn't find anything funny enough on Google Images so I just made my perception you in MSPaint.

Quote by Scary Cow
Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul its gorgeous lol i have one...love it

THIS

DO IT FAGGOT
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by Yazdiane
I'm Middle Eastern, so the idea of paying more than $600 for something that's essentially a luxury makes me want to rip open the chests of infidels and lay my eggs in them.

amazing post

i'd go for the tele
signed,
your favorite poster
MIM Strat oe tele, tele especially for that girly indie. I voted strat though, cause I prefer Strats myself.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Alright, now that I've thought it over a bit more, I've decided I'll just try out every MIM Tele and Strat at my GC tomorrow. First one I find that's especially good quality by a fluke, I'll get, regardless of whether it's a Tele or Strat. I honestly like both.

Plus, playing an Epiphone kinda makes you feel inadequate...at least where I live. All these 13 year olds with rich daddies, running around with Gibsons :<
MIM Tele.
Teles are great, I must say they'd be perfect for everything you'd play.
Also that would just mean there is one more tele user in the world
which makes me happy =3
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
well since you play the br00talz, an 8 string ibanez in matte black will fit you well.

In all seriousness go with the tele, maybe in pink for an extra touch of indie/girly-ness
Quote by Yazdiane
I'd make fun of ska but I couldn't find anything funny enough on Google Images so I just made my perception you in MSPaint.

Well I never said indie sucks, because I really don't mind indie. And I ment that as a joke, even though that guy is from an indie band and alot of them dress goofy like that, you can't deny it. And those shorts aren't even that short, they're right above his knee.

And I don't care what you think about ska. Everyone here hates ska, they're all metal heads that wanna suck herman li and Satriani's dick.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
Well, I got it today. Must have played 10 MIMs before I ran into it. A beautiful electric blue Strat with a maple fretboard. This is definitely the "fluke" I was looking for; it's just noticeably better-sounding and better-crafted than all the others.

In the interest of fairness I tried out a Tele, then a Strat, then another Tele, etc.

Interesting little note...all the Strats seemed to have a huge range of quality, as in, the ****ty ones were VERY ****ty but my fluke sounds like a goddammed mislabeled MIA. The Teles on the other hand were much more condensed, they all just sorta sounded "meh".
Last edited by Yazdiane at Nov 29, 2008,
I'm guessing it's the roommates writing that..

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Tele all the way.

EDIT: Arg, ye already picked.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i'd go with the tele.
the strat and les paul arent really right for indy.
And i'd say SG but i find mim teles better than g-400s.
its really preference whether you want the tele or the sg.
but the sg is more meaty, while the tele probably has the brightest tone out of any other guitar.
go with the tele
or check out my used gibson les paul(sig)
Quote by Yazdiane
Well, I got it today. Must have played 10 MIMs before I ran into it. A beautiful electric blue Strat with a maple fretboard. This is definitely the "fluke" I was looking for; it's just noticeably better-sounding and better-crafted than all the others.

In the interest of fairness I tried out a Tele, then a Strat, then another Tele, etc.

Interesting little note...all the Strats seemed to have a huge range of quality, as in, the ****ty ones were VERY ****ty but my fluke sounds like a goddammed mislabeled MIA. The Teles on the other hand were much more condensed, they all just sorta sounded "meh".

congrats, you've purchased the best guitar in the world.
a fender stratocaster
(this is all IMO so dont anybody dare start flaming me or badmouthing the strat)
OP reminds me of my Armenian psychobilly playing buddy, although he isn't as penny-pinching. In a non-offensive way, of course.

I would've said Tele, just because it's really versitile and a lot of indie bands have Teles, but then you've got Weezer with the Strats, so you're good. Though to be fair, the Strat WAS a metal guitar. I mean, after it was rockabilly, but I mean in the 80s, that thing was a beast. Anyone remember those 80s Strats that looked like Ibanez made them and had the giant STRAT print on the headstock?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
either a tele or a les paul, SGs and Strats look (and sound) too manly
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Page 1 of 2