Page 1 of 2
So i was on the last nightbus after some jamming and beers with mates, and this emo kid started hassling this other emo kid because he kept opening the window (they both stunk so it was fair). Anyway this kids lays into another knees him in the face and bursts his lipring and bitchslaps him. Anyway the ****in bus had to wait for the cops so it took 2 ****ing hours instead of 40 mins.

Rant over..anyway i thought emo kids were like pacifists?
Me too... inb4rape
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
K, koo.

Emo kids a re EMOTIONAL. Wanting to kick someones ass is an emotion, anger. Emo is a ****ing stupid word. Most people have emotions, except for me and other real men.

God, while I was typing that all I could think was bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Isn't "militant emos" an oxymoron, like 'jumbo shrimp'?
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
K, koo.

Emo kids a re EMOTIONAL. Wanting to kick someones ass is an emotion, anger. Emo is a ****ing stupid word. Most people have emotions, except for me and other real men.

emo does NOT stand for emotion.
Quote by kurt/armstrong
no, there just gay

they're gayer than two guys having sex!
Quote by Spamwise

yeah it does. the words emotional. kids these days have no common sense.
Quote by RPGoof
Scene kids =/= emo kids
And they aren't necesarily pacifists just because of the way they dress.

i dont know what a scene kid is, but anyway one was like dreads and piercings so maybe he was scene and the other one was listening to panic at the disco and had an afi tshirt and the blonde highlights on one side.
Quote by RPGoof
Scene kids =/= emo kids
And they aren't necesarily pacifists just because of the way they dress.

yes they are because if they dress like an emo kid and listen to the music then its all the same.
Well, all they were were a couple of young men with a certain style of dress and hot tempers. Is it really that surprising that they went at each other?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Spamwise

Yeah. It stands for emoticon. Those damn kids and their colon-parentheses speak.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Yeah. It stands for emoticon. Those damn kids and their colon-parentheses speak.

lol, who cares? They're emo - they probably LIKE getting kneed and having their liprings burst.
XIAOXI
Quote by Spamwise

But wasn't the whole "Emo" genre called that because it was emotional? Then the kids who listened to it were called emo. Then the bands were associated with a certain type of dress so that these were called emo? Wouldn't it all stem back to the word emotional?

I dunno though, I have no idea what I'm talking about, and I don't care, cause I have no emotion.

EDIT: I have no idea why I called it a genre, cause there is no actual "Emo" genre.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by Abunai X
lol, who cares? They're emo - they probably LIKE getting kneed and having their liprings burst.

mmm i like the taste of lip blood its like batterys
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
But wasn't the whole "Emo" genre called that because it was emotional? Then the kids who listened to it were called emo. Then the bands were associated with a certain type of dress so that these were called emo? Wouldn't it all stem back to the word emotional?

I dunno though, I have no idea what I'm talking about, and I don't care, cause I have no emotion.

It stands for "emotive hardcore", which was a subgenre of 90's hardcore, I believe.
Quote by Spamwise
It stands for "emotive hardcore", which was a subgenre of 90's hardcore, I believe.

i back this opinion
signed,
your favorite poster
emo=pussy goth kids
goth kids=pussy whom think their tough.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by jwax
emo=pussy goth kids

They can probably spell, though.
Quote by Spamwise

yes it does

quick history lesson:
back in the 80's, hardcore punk was becoming more about toughguy posturing than good music and honest songwriting

hence, bands like Rites of Spring came around and they were dubbed 'emotional hardcore' because they were member of the hardcore scene, but they cared about what they were playing and werent a bunch of douches.

emotional hardcore was eventually shortened to just 'emo'

so yes, it does stand for emotional.

and guess what else?
just because 'emo' has become a term to denote a lot of terrible bands [see: my chemical romance (prepares flameshield)], its not a bad word. plenty of great bands, from as close to the scene, like Cursive, to as mainstream as Weezer, have been described as emo.

yours truly,
~b
Quote by ChordMonger
yes it does

quick history lesson:
back in the 80's, hardcore punk was becoming more about toughguy posturing than good music and honest songwriting

hence, bands like Rites of Spring came around and they were dubbed 'emotional hardcore' because they were member of the hardcore scene, but they cared about what they were playing and werent a bunch of douches.

and guess what else?
just because 'emo' has become a term to denote a lot of terrible bands [see: my chemical romance (prepares flameshield)], its not a bad word. plenty of great bands, from as close to the scene, like Cursive, to as mainstream as Weezer, have been described as emo.

yours truly,
~b

It was emotive hardcore, not emotional
Quote by ChordMonger
yes it does

quick history lesson:

and guess what else?

yours truly,
~b

well in that sense, emotive = emotional i would think. just a different phrasing of the same thing
signed,
your favorite poster
dreads and piercings... id say hes a cybergoth
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

My gear is not worth mentioning.
Quote by wemonir
well in that sense, emotive = emotional i would think. just a different phrasing of the same thing

I'm backing this. Going into semantics and saying someone is wrong because it isn't the exact thing they said it was is stupid, emotive and emotional are the same thing.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
K, koo.

...must be an emo.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
saying that there's a vast difference between 'emotional' and 'emotive' is just semantics. it would be like being pulled over for drunk driving and trying to weasel out of a ticket by saying that youre not drunk, but are instead 'inebriated'

we're proving the same point to the same idiot, so chill
~b
Quote by jwax
emo=pussy goth kids

No.
XIAOXI
Quote by Fender1424
Hm. I think many people don't fully understand the difference between scene, emo, and emo music.

And douchey little vampire kids!

Did anyone else watch South Park tonight for the reference?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
K, koo.

As my friend always says, Emo is a fashion statement. It may have started out as social group of depression, but now it's just a fashion statement for tryhard people. Emotions and Emo are different things.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by ChordMonger
yes it does

quick history lesson:

and guess what else?

yours truly,
~b

This. There was a thread that was made by a guy who said he was a metalhead, but liked Jimmy Eat World. He asked if they were emo. You could say yes, that they are. Their music. Emo music =/= emo. If by emo, you mean the crying whiners with make-up, etc. Emo music is different from emo people.
Quote by RPGoof
This thread sucks.
Why can't people accept the way other people dress and be open minded and respectful and stop labeling people?

who knows
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by RPGoof
This thread sucks.
Why can't people accept the way other people dress and be open minded and respectful and stop labeling people?

Why can't people get over the fact that they will be judged as outsiders if they choose to move against conformity?
EMO=Emotional Punk, look it up.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Page 1 of 2