Well, christmas is approaching and my mother seems intent upon giving me some sort of gift. All i really want is my Ampeg svt-VR and 8x10 cab, but that's out of the question as it runs over $3000, and i plan to get it myself.

Besides some cds, i decided i'd love a loop pedal.

Any suggestions? note that its a gift, so i can't go crazy, but i want something that will be decent.
Boss dd7 could be a good start. I don't know how good it works with bass, but I want one anyway.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
I use an Akai headrush E2.
It's probably the cheapest around, but I love it.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Well i have literally just got back from the shops with a Boss RC-20Xl loopstation. And it is the absolute nuts. I can tell i am going to have to write off the next few weeks of my life to this thing.

who needs women when you have a loop pedal?
^now young man, did you really NEED that loop station? hmmm?

All kidding aside, let me know what you think. I was checking out loop pedals and stations at the shop yesterday when I was buying birthday presents for Mr. Tam and son (drum stuff and guitar stuff respectively). As I mentioned in another thread, I may ask for one for the birthday this coming year.
Quote by anarkee

Actually that's exactly what I was thinking. How many situations can you think of where more than one layer of bass is needed?

I recommend a Bass Driver or something along those lines. An ISP Decimator is always a good thing to have too.
Quote by Ivanator
Actually that's exactly what I was thinking. How many situations can you think of where more than one layer of bass is needed?

In a band setting? probably none. Playing solo? well, I trust you realise the possibilities are endless.

Quote by anarkee

All kidding aside, let me know what you think. I was checking out loop pedals and stations at the shop yesterday when I was buying birthday presents for Mr. Tam and son (drum stuff and guitar stuff respectively). As I mentioned in another thread, I may ask for one for the birthday this coming year.

Need? No. Want? Yes, yes yes!

ever since i started with my new bass teacher, i have been interested in using a loop pedal for practice. i can record chord progressions and then solo over them. I have been using the cycle record function in Logic Pro but its annoying to have to involve a computer.

I'll let you know how i get on, but at the moment i am absolutely loving it...
Quote by Ivanator

I recommend a Bass Driver or something along those lines. An ISP Decimator is always a good thing to have too.

If you have a small mind and an even smaller to box to think inside of, none.

If you want a top of the line, AKA best thing out there right now, a Boss RC-50 is where it's at. But seeing as it runs close to $500 I'm guessing it's not there for you. A great alternative is the Boss RC-20XL. I have the RC-20 (the same thing only with less memory time) and it's great. Also, I cannot stress enough how much better the RC-20XL is compared to the RC-2. I would never buy the RC-2, it's a logistical nightmare. The other major looper on the market is the Digitech JamMan, which offers only larger recording space (with an extra memory card of course ) over the RC-20XL, plus a bigger price tag.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
If you have a small mind and an even smaller to box to think inside of, none.

If you want a top of the line, AKA best thing out there right now, a Boss RC-50 is where it's at. But seeing as it runs close to $500 I'm guessing it's not there for you. A great alternative is the Boss RC-20XL. I have the RC-20 (the same thing only with less memory time) and it's great. Also, I cannot stress enough how much better the RC-20XL is compared to the RC-2. I would never buy the RC-2, it's a logistical nightmare. The other major looper on the market is the Digitech JamMan, which offers only larger recording space (with an extra memory card of course ) over the RC-20XL, plus a bigger price tag.

But I believe the JamMan comes with a power supply while the boss doesn't. Balances to be about even I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.
^Yeah, I guess on MF it balances out. I just remember going to the shop near me and the JamMan was almost $80 more expensive. Also, on eBay it seems you can always get the RC-20XL for quite a bit less than the JamMan. I didn't realize it wasn't that much more than the Boss, my bad.