well for xmas i can get some new stuff but i really dont know what... i have a crybaby 535q already which i love. i was thinking about multifx but i have a peavey valveking 112... so whats the need if i love my amp? distortion on the thing is great, so im not really considering a distortion or overdrive pedal, but ive heard great things about the ibanez tubescreamer......

well i play mostly rock and metal... so any cool stuff i can get from there?
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS808 yeah, it's nice, I have one way overpriced though. Maybe look at Fuzzes.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
If you play through the clean channel an overdrive is pretty helpful. Your stock distortion might be good, but the bad monkey or tubescreamer is probably better
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
delay pedals are always fun. i enjoy messing around with an octave pedal too.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
I'm really digging the new Hardwire pedals. I highly recommend you try out the Tube Overdrive (CM-2) the Delay/Looper (DL-8) is killer too. Excellent quality pedals, great tonal possibilities.

Even though your amp has good overdrive/distortion a tubescreamer type pedal can be used as a boost, and give the tubes that extra gain/tightness.
^^^ Almost everyone above me. Not every guitarist in the world needs an overdrive pedal on their board. If they say they don't want a distortion, why can't you just believe them?

To the OP, if you're just curious about what's out there in the world of effects, a simple multi-fx unit might be the best option.

With that out of the way, some ideas at the low end of the pricing spectrum...

Danelectro Chicken Salad Vibrato - It's cheap and fun.
MXR Script Phase 90 - The MXR phasers pair up nicely with distortion.
Ibanez DE-7 - Quality digital delay at a reasonable price.
Rocktron Hypnotic Flange - Best of the digital flangers, IMO.
MXR Blue Box - A fun and simple bass octave device.
Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus - Nice and shimmering.
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
thanks for all the replies guys.

well i think i might consider a tubescreamer now because it sounds pretty good and ive checked out some sick videos. so does it boost your clean channel? cause i also need that.

this might sound really gay and noobish... but do you need a tube amp to use a tubescreamer? ive heard that you dont.
Quote by xXa7Xx
thanks for all the replies guys.

well i think i might consider a tubescreamer now because it sounds pretty good and ive checked out some sick videos. so does it boost your clean channel? cause i also need that.

this might sound really gay and noobish... but do you need a tube amp to use a tubescreamer? ive heard that you dont.

first of all, you dont seem to know what gay means. second of all, you already own a tube amp, so why are you asking that question?

you should get a tube screamer. on the amp, turn the distortion on with the gain at about 5 or 4 with the boost off. next, turn the drive on the tubescreamer all the way down and the level all the way up, and turn on the TS. this way, the amps distortion will be tighter and heavier
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Ibanez Ts-9 is also a great tube screamer, I got one and I like it. You might want to look at some Delays or a TC Eletronics effects unit.
Actually, some new tubes or a speaker change, or even an EQ change would make you sound even better
Check the Valveking thread.