Does anyone know of a good, free vocoder that I could download? I found one called YoGen and downloaded it, but you like record a guitar track, sing over it, and then it just changes the notes you sing to whatever you play on the guitar, and it's really hard to use (and retarded).
Studio
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
umm that's what vocoders are supposed to do, the reason you aren't getting a dramatic effect is because you are using a guitar as the carrier signal. If you want a classic vocoder sound you need to use a synth that's been sequenced to play chords.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You could pirate Fruity Loops, I'm almost positive it has one.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
umm that's what vocoders are supposed to do, the reason you aren't getting a dramatic effect is because you are using a guitar as the carrier signal. If you want a classic vocoder sound you need to use a synth that's been sequenced to play chords.

Idk, it seems like when Paul Masvidal uses one, he just sings into it and works. With the one I got, I have to record a track, and then I can just talk, because it puts the talking to the music. It's just stupid though; there's no way to do that live, and that just makes everything harder, since I have to record the vocal melody on some other instrument, and then sing it.
I'm pretty sure Paul might use like a pedal version, similar to that of a guitar effect pedal(ie distortion, chorus, delay etc..). I'm currently in search of the vocoder he used on Traced In Air. Wiki spec'd me this list of various vocoders. It may be useful to you.

* Alesis Akira
* Alesis Micron
* Bode Model 7702 Vocoder
* capsule
* Daft Punk
* Digitech S100/S200
* Digitech StudioQuad 4
* Doepfer Modular Vocoder
* Elecrtix Warp Factory
* Electro Harmonix Vocoder
* EMS Vocoder 2000
* EMS Vocoder 5000
* Korg MS2000(B/R/BR)
* Korg Microkorg
* Korg VC-10
* Korg DVP-1
* Korg RADIAS
* Korg R3
* Lel' Krok (russian rackmount vocoder)
* MAM Vocoder VF11
* Moog Vocoder
* Propellerheads.se BV512 Digital Vocoder
* Roland SVC-350
* Roland VP-330
* Roland VP-550
* Roland V-Synth XT/GT (or the original with VC-2 "Vocal Designer" expansion)
* Sennheiser VSM-201
* Synton Syntovox 202
* Synton Syntovox 216
* Synton Syntovox 221
* Synton Syntovox 222
* TubeOhm Vocoder