Basically I will be getting a Peavey Vypyr soon, but was unsure of which size I should get. It will be only used for bedroom practice so I know the 15w will be fine. However, the 30w has the 12in speaker, and I have heard some extra effects. So really I am just wondering if that 12in speaker has a better tone and such.

Thanks.
I think the Vypyr 30 has additional features, in addition to the improved speaker and higher wattage rating.
I say go for the 30
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah I guess your right. Plus, I can eventually get that pedal too. I hear they are hard to find though...
Yeah go for the 30W!
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
Yeah the 12" speaker will sound alot fuller and the addotional stuff is never bad so go for the 30W

Also look into a Roland Cube 30, there nice too
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
I was trying out the 75w today pretty AwesomeXD
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
The only reason to choose the 15 is if you want a smaller and lighter portable amp. Or if $100 is your limit. The 30 is worth the extra $100. I bought the 15 and put a 10" speaker in it because I wanted something small and portable.
Smart move on the 30. Those can also be updated via midi cable and Peavey's website. I made a mistake and bought a 75 watt because I got it for the 30 watters price (long story there) and it's so stupidly loud I can barely play it at night. At a volume level of 2 you're already at like 75 watts.
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Also look into a Roland Cube 30, there nice too

They are, but for the purposes of this thread... 30W FTW.
Yes I agree, the Cubes are nice, but I personally preferred the Vypyrs.

So they can also be updated online? Sounds good but what exactly gets updated?
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I made a mistake and bought a 75 watt because I got it for the 30 watters price (long story there) and it's so stupidly loud I can barely play it at night. At a volume level of 2 you're already at like 75 watts.

I notice that when I'm looking at amps at GC. Sitting in front of a 75w amp, set it to 3 and you strum a chord.... and then turn it down to 2...
Quote by Anonymous9001
I notice that when I'm looking at amps at GC. Sitting in front of a 75w amp, set it to 3 and you strum a chord.... and then turn it down to 2...

Quote by GymboJones
Yes I agree, the Cubes are nice, but I personally preferred the Vypyrs.

So they can also be updated online? Sounds good but what exactly gets updated?

You can update the software online. They can fix minor bugs and change tones and the way things sound. Killer idea actually.
^ Yeah it'll be a firmware update

Bigger speaker = more bass and therefore warmer tone. But you do have to play the amp louder to drive the speaker... not necessarily a bad thing ^^.

+1 for the 30W
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH