Page 1 of 2
Alright, so i've never organized a show, but now i am. I am reallly good with photoshop, but have no idea what to do for flyers.

I know i should put the bands, the date, time, price (free ), and adress.

but for the art what should I do? just take a cool picture from google and blend it in with the background and put the info on it?

Help me out fellow UG p0nx

Sargasm edit: Let's keep this thread around and post more sweet flyers and stuff!
I've seen a lot of people do that. Just cool / catchy picture + readable text is a good standby.
Or there's the ever popular 'political-figure-with-eyes-and-or-mouth-crossed-by-a-censor-bar' idea--never goes out of p0nx style, I promise you. Or you (or someone you know) could do some really awesome art work or whatever, even just colors, and throw it on the computer.
DOWN&OUT
The size of a sheet of paper...
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Then it sounds like you answered your own question

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I like hand drawn black and white fliers, they always look cool.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by sargasm
Just think of something that would look cool on a flyer and draw it. It doesn't have to be relevant. Getting a hand-drawn image from a friend and then photoshoping the band names overtop is always an option too.

That's really cool, especially the parts about dinosaurs and bringing canned food part.

Personally, I would draw kittens on flyers.
I prefer more plain flyers, to be honest. That one is far too colourful. I had to shield my eyes for a bit.

Make it clearer to read. Having a light background and then letters in white doesn't help reading.
lmao! Sarah Palin Bukkake Champions

I'm a fan of your band already.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Oh man I have a million but here are some of my favorites because our guitarist did them and is an artist.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
That's really cool, especially the parts about dinosaurs and bringing canned food part.

Personally, I would draw kittens on flyers.

Lots of the flyers for shows at Home Sweet Home this summer had kittens

I can't find any online now though
I was never in a punk band but making your own flyers is easy. I only used mspaint too and they turn out pretty good I think.

Also a good idea I found if you want ones that are easy to print off and won't waste a lot of ink. Just google coloring books or stuff like that and then add all the info. Something like this was awesome for stuff printing off and didn't waste much ink.
The show my band was gonna play. We never got to play, since the venue got shut down by the city. Then the band broke up. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
^Do that in red font so its easier to read.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Easiest to read is white font with black outline.

I found one of those flyers with the kittens

Quote by gopherthegreat
That flyer makes it seem like a Hip-Hop show

This was a simple statement, but ****ing true........

Gopher you´re young, but surely the next wiseman of this forum!

whatever, I personally prefer one of those funny or aggressive flyers
Quote by sargasm
Easiest to read is white font with black outline.

I found one of those flyers with the kittens

AWWWWWESOME!
Much better. It's the second best in the thread, after the kitty cat one. I award Henry Rollins third place.

Edit: Upun further pondering, I dare say the reindeer flyer indeed surpasses the kitty flyer. It's more special because of the seasonal theme.
Last edited by werty22 at Nov 30, 2008,
photoshop and MS paint have ruined flyers for punkrock shows.

Here's some flyers that I made... they're not good but I like it more than photoshop

Here's some other flyers we used in Huntsville that didn't use photo shop:

HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
My friends have done photoshop-free flyers

I should try that for next time.
Page 1 of 2