Hey guys. Has anyone tried or heard of Divided by 13 amps? I hear they’re a good boutique brand:

http://www.dividedby13.com/amplifiers.html

Are they tube amps like the Vox AC30? Or are they solid-state amps?

Do they give a good clean boost and an overall good sound?

How do Divided by 13 amps compare with Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Vox, and Fender?

Do Divided by 13 amps work well with overdrive/distortion pedals?

What do you guys think? I'm interested in what you guys have to say.

Thanks in advance!
They're tube amps and they're very good.

Its hard to compare handbuilt boutique amps with mass manufactured amps.
They are tube amps. And they are all handmade and handwired. As far as I know they don't build any super high gain amps, like Mesa. There amps are more like a VOX or vintage Marshall. They are also going to be very expensive. Probably $1500-$2500 or more. Thats about all I know.
If I attach an overdrive pedal (like a tubescreamer) to a Divided by 13 amp, how would that setup make my guitar signal sound?

Would it produce a big, soaring drive tone?
i've never tried one. i feel they should cost about £200, though, and then i might try one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by eurotrashed
if you want opinions on boutique amps join www.thegearpage.net
if you want opinions on Peaveys, stay here.

People on TGP are obsessed with Dumble (and Dumble style) amps.
i hear they are amazing, the few clips ive heard are really great. but ive never played one.
there may be another amp that we have played before that would be perfect for you, what exactly are you going for?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by forsaknazrael

why don't you go away if you're always gonna **** talk peaveys? you don't like them - that's fine. Recommend other amps of good value, then.

I'm really thinking about going way soon because every post I make either people read too far into it or don't read all what I said.

I didn't **** talk Peaveys, I just said if you want opinions on them to stay here because they are big on here.
Quote by chea_man
i hear they are amazing, the few clips ive heard are really great. but ive never played one.
there may be another amp that we have played before that would be perfect for you, what exactly are you going for?

I just would like to know whether or not Divided by 13 amps would be acceptable substitutes for VOX AC-30's.
If you have to be asking all these questions you really are not in the position to be spending £1000+ on an amp.
Quote by Jericho-79
I just would like to know whether or not Divided by 13 amps would be acceptable substitutes for VOX AC-30's.

I don't think so.

Again:
Quote by forsaknazrael
I've tried one, dude. It was nice, but I wasn't digging the OD. I'd like to try one more British voiced.

If you want something like an AC30, maybe check out the Valvetech Hayseed?
http://www.valvetechamps.com/theamp.htm

Then again, I haven't tried this one:
http://www.dividedby13.com/rsa31.html
I think that's their take on an AC30.
uh...have you tried one? i haven't (but i know a place that sells them, but i didn't have time to plug one in).
you want a vox tone, but you don't want a vox? is there something about the ac30 that breaks the deal, or do you just want a unique logo onstage?
man, if you tried it, and prefer it over vox or whatnot, buy it. what you should really ask around about is reliability and such.
Quote by ClementWave
If you have to be asking all these questions you really are not in the position to be spending £1000+ on an amp.

i dunno, i mean it never hurts to get some second opinions...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, people are often looking for a decent tube amp for a good price. Enter Classic 30's and Delta Blues.

What's I'm saying is, why don't you make your posts more constructive? Your post didn't add anything to the discussion.

I thought it was helpful, I pointed him towards a place that might have better experience with the divided by 13 amps. They mainly own boutique brands over there on TGP, here Peavey is the amp of choice.
Quote by forsaknazrael
That's a bit of an exaggeration...

Anyway, as al pointed out, I don't think divided by 13 is a popular brand over there.

I think there is a better chance finding out over there than here, seeing as how many high end amps those guys go through, someone over there has had one, or does have one or played one. Money bags.
Quote by eurotrashed
I think there is a better chance finding out over there than here, seeing as how many high end amps those guys go through, someone over there has had one, or does have one or played one. Money bags.

Yeah seriously, I'm consistently surprised by the gear the people over there have, it seems that Gibson VOS les pauls are standard! (if not there on the LP forums)
Quote by eurotrashed

True enough. but there is a bit of snobbery that comes along with that...

Most of UG is composed of younger guitarists, or young adults on a budget. At the same time, a good many of use have tried out nicer boutique amps. We just might not always see the thread.
Another vintage vox tone can be had by the 65 amps Soho
Quote by imgooley
Another vintage vox tone can be had by the 65 amps Soho

+1 on 65 amps.

I've heard a 65 amp Monterrey, which was just plain awesome.
Well, the guitarist for Maroon 5 plays a Divided by 13, if that helps you to envision what they sound like. They are like a boutique old-fashioned Fender tube amp, but they don't get as "blatty", I suppose, when cranked.....more leaning toward a cranked Peavey Classic 50 (sorry if I offend someone on here by mentioning Peavey) on the clean channel.

There are some country (dare I say it) lead players who use them live, because they break up better for the more "rock" bits of country songs than a Fender would, but still get a great clean too that outdoes a mass-made Fender (which are still great, just what you want and how much money you have, really).

I also believe they will build amps to tone wants and spec, but that is pretty expensive. No flames if I'm wrong--just correct, please.

But if you want an AC30 tone....buy an AC30. Simple as that. Stop nosing around at other models and get to the point.
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
^From what I've heard, Divided By 13 is more brit rock styled than fender styled. Like old Voxes.
^^^^You are right. I should have clarified that better. What I meant to say is that it goes from a Fender-ish kind of clean to a more British crunch, but it never goes right into Plexi territory.

Vox is a good comparision....but like I said, if you want a Vox, buy the Vox.
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
Quote by BHowell
^^^^You are right. I should have clarified that better. What I meant to say is that it goes from a Fender-ish kind of clean to a more British crunch, but it never goes right into Plexi territory.

That's a very good way to put it. It never got the British tone I was looking for, when I tried out the Divided By 13 amp at a store near me. I think it was the LDW 17/39.
Quote by ClementWave

Maybe the dude is rich as fv(k and don't care how much he spends. Answer his question