Page 1 of 2
I walked in the store and I didnt think I would get this, but I did... why? i dont know. it felt awesome, and it usually runs for around 1000$ but they had it for 750$ so i was like TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT

PIC 1

The little Spider III in the back belongs to my friend... i was so happy we took a pic of our guitars together, lol.

Smexii, right?

So i got a few questions... what does Coil Tap mean? and this is the first guitar ive ever gotten with a floyd rose... so im wondering... today we changed the strings cause the ones it had were old, so now these ****ers NEVER stay in tune... i locked them, i tuned them with the fine tuners and everything but they still go out of tune after 1 minute of playing (even if i dont use the FR!!)

im hoping its just cause the strings arent stretched yet, who knows :P

another thing bothering me is the sound of the low e string, i play on drop d, but whenever i play the top string it sounds very....dead.... the sound dies off very fast and its not very pleasing. power chords sound kinda ****ty too, once again im hoping its just the strings

my amp is a Peavey Vypyr 75w...

Should i be concerned or could it be just the strings?
Schecter Synyster Gates Custom
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Strings just stretching still, calm down.

Also, coil tap splits the coils on the humbucker, and turns it into a single coil. Really nice, to be honest.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
did you try it before you bought it? you totally should do that with any guitar....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
It's a great guitar...
I still wouldn't buy a guitar with another guys name on it...
seems kinda gay.

Hope that you like it thought. I enjoyed playing the one that I spent some time with (not the gay guy... the guitar)
Oh, did I mention that the bottled water and weights behind you aren't helping your case any?
Quote by Vikingx
It's a great guitar...
I still wouldn't buy a guitar with another guys name on it...
seems kinda gay.

Hope that you like it thought. I enjoyed playing the one that I spent some time with (not the gay guy... the guitar)

I lol'd. Seriously, though. Seems like you got a great deal. Enjoy your new axe!
I'm just busting his ass (sorry for the pun) I honestly hope that It's everything that he was expecting. (again, no pun intended).
Yeah I tried it out, not for too long though, i just checked intonation, fret buzz, the feel of the neck, the bridge, the weight, etc. i had like 15 mins with it cause my dad was in a hurry but the 750$ price tag NEW was simply too good to say we'd come back another day

So i shouldnt worry about the tuning? what about the noise of the low e? it got to a point where i cant play anything on it... it sounds like a vacuum cleaner
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Quote by Vikingx
Oh, did I mention that the bottled water and weights behind you aren't helping your case any?

haha my room is very messy im aware

edit: dont forget the bottle of Sunny D juice :P and the baby whipes box
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Quote by xJuan91x
Yeah I tried it out, not for too long though, i just checked intonation, fret buzz, the feel of the neck, the bridge, the weight, etc. i had like 15 mins with it cause my dad was in a hurry but the 750$ price tag NEW was simply too good to say we'd come back another day

So i shouldnt worry about the tuning? what about the noise of the low e? it got to a point where i cant play anything on it... it sounds like a vacuum cleaner

I will refrain from making jokes here...
You may want to consider getting it set-up professionally unless you know how to do this yourself. It will make a world of difference.
****ing people and their parents buying them expensive gears
the most expensive guitar my mom bought me was 150 , I spent 2 1/2 years begging her to buy me a mustang or jag ...she kept telling me to get a job, so when I got a job (over the summer till now, I've spent around 2.5-3,000$ on band gear )

congrats on the guitar though.
Quote by xJuan91x
haha my room is very messy im aware

edit: dont forget the bottle of Sunny D juice :P and the baby whipes box

They sent me quite a few boxes of baby wipes in Iraq... wouldn't bag on you for this...

keeps things fresh and clean.

The bottled reference was from the movie "Heathers".

You should check it out sometime.
Quote by Swap-Meet
the most expensive guitar my mom bought me was 150 , I spent 2 1/2 years begging her to buy me a mustang or jag ...she kept telling me to get a job, so when I got a job (over the summer till now, I've spent around 2.5-3,000$ on band gear )

Get a job
Quote by Vikingx
I will refrain from making jokes here...
You may want to consider getting it set-up professionally unless you know how to do this yourself. It will make a world of difference.

Do what, exactly?

Haha, I had to sell my old guitar and amp and give my dad the money, plus it was a late birthday AND early Christmas present.... its not like I get stuff like this all the time, damn, I WISH!
Peavey Vypyr 75w
is it even set for drop d
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
edit...
I should have some compassion...
My mother has never bought me a guitar which is sad. I guess she doesn't love me and I should start making emo music.

Get a job pussy....

He's lucky that his parents support him. Get over it. It's not all about you.
Quote by xJuan91x
Do what, exactly?

Haha, I had to sell my old guitar and amp and give my dad the money, plus it was a late birthday AND early Christmas present.... its not like I get stuff like this all the time, damn, I WISH!

Truss rod... intonation...
If you have to ask, pay to have someone set it up for you. I would advise you (as your attorney) to watch them and ask questions as they're dong it. You'll learn quite a bit.
Quote by ilovemySG

yep, thats the tuning Syn uses
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Get it set up, if you don't know what your doing with a floyd rose, you can seriously f it up.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by xJuan91x
yep, thats the tuning Syn uses

You might want to look into if it actually is or not. A lot happens between when the guitar is packed for shopping and arrives in a store. Climate, Customers, Altitude changes... You get the picture.
Quote by Vikingx
Truss rod... intonation...
If you have to ask, pay to have someone set it up for you. I would advise you (as your attorney) to watch them and ask questions as they're dong it. You'll learn quite a bit.

the intonation is fine, that was the first thing i checked after the tuning started acting weird

i changed the action a little bit and it sounds a little bit better cause theres no fret buzz, but the low e still sounds weird.... im really hoping its just the strings

they're Ernie balls regular slinkies, if it matters...
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Quote by ilovemySG

Drop D is like coaster-wheels on a quad.
Quote by xJuan91x
the intonation is fine, that was the first thing i checked after the tuning started acting weird

i changed the action a little bit and it sounds a little bit better cause theres no fret buzz, but the low e still sounds weird.... im really hoping its just the strings

From my experience it's not the strings, although I'm no guitar guru. Check the saddles... I can't remember if that guitar has independent saddle height or not, but if it does raise it slightly.

If not...........
May be a sign of a bigger problem.
Quote by xJuan91x
Do what, exactly?

I don't get christmas presents
good to see your parents supporting you though

Quote by Vikingx
Get a job

I did...that's how I got all this **** I got now :P

my mom did buy me the double muff though.
Quote by xJuan91x

Stop acting like you know what you're talking about, because you obviously don't if you're worried about why it's doing what it's doing. A tech would be able to find out why and fix it.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
Stop acting like you know what you're talking about, because you obviously don't if you're worried about why it's doing what it's doing. A tech would be able to find out why and fix it.

Ok dumbass...
I was doing the best I could without putting my hands on the guitar which is more than I can say for you.

If he were my neighbor I would help him, but unfortunately he's not. Also, if it's outside of my capabilities I will tell him that. I'm not a tech, but I've done quite a few setups and know what I'm talking about. I've also built a guitar from a block of wood.

Nice try kid.... isn't it past your bed-time?
Quote by Vikingx
From my experience it's not the strings, although I'm no guitar guru. Check the saddles... I can't remember if that guitar has independent saddle height or not, but if it does raise it slightly.

If not...........
May be a sign of a bigger problem.

wouldn't that mess with the intonation? but alright, ill try it... by raise, do you mean move them towards the pickups or away from them?
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Quote by xJuan91x
wouldn't that mess with the intonation? but alright, ill try it... by raise, do you mean move them towards the pickups or away from them?

Stop messing with it and get it set up by a pro.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by xJuan91x

NO... seriously.
If you haven't done this before, don't mess with it. Have a tech do it and have him explain it to you so that you don't wind up like that dumbass that posted earlier.

You could cause some serious damage to your guitar.
Quote by Vikingx
Ok dumbass...
I was doing the best I could without putting my hands on the guitar which is more than I can say for you.

If he were my neighbor I would help him, but unfortunately he's not. Also, if it's outside of my capabilities I will tell him that. I'm not a tech, but I've done quite a few setups and know what I'm talking about. I've also built a guitar from a block of wood.

Nice try kid.... isn't it past your bed-time?

Perhaps if that comment was directed at you. I've made a guitar from a toilet paper roll, a tissue box and 6 elastic strings. Respect that.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
Perhaps if that comment was directed at you. I've made a guitar from a toilet paper roll, a tissue box and 6 elastic strings. Respect that.

You're still trying to play in the minor leagues when you're obviously not even out of little-league. Don't question my knowledge without knowing me. It's rude and uncalled for, and more often than not you'll be called out on it around here.

After insulting this gentlemen about purchasing a signature model I gave him some pretty good advice which is more than I can say for you. Remember what your mother told you (should be fresh in your mind since you still live with her) If you don't have anything good to say....

Keep it to your self.

Again........ Nice try kid.... night, night... We try to help each other around here.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
I've made a guitar from a toilet paper roll, a tissue box and 6 elastic strings. Respect
that.

it doesnt sound so good, does it?

And well, the only problem about taking the guitar to a tech is that i wont be able to go until like 2 weeks from now... so if anyone could tell me what i could do, ill look up info online about it and see what i can do
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Quote by xJuan91x
it doesnt sound so good, does it?

And well, the only problem about taking the guitar to a tech is that i wont be able to go until like 2 weeks from now... so if anyone could tell me what i could do, ill look up info online about it and see what i can do

Truss-rod adjustments could cause major damage to your guitar. It's like $50 to have it set-up professionally... I sincerely hope that you wait.

Learn from your tech though. Ask him as many questions that you can. Hopefully he'll answer them. I'm no guru, but I've been around for 20 years and that's how I learned what I have.

Ask those who know.

not some **** with a keyboard (sorry... personal vendetta)
Quote by Vikingx
You're still trying to play in the minor leagues when you're obviously not even out of little-league. Don't question my knowledge without knowing me. It's rude and uncalled for, and more often than not you'll be called out on it around here.

After insulting this gentlemen about purchasing a signature model I gave him some pretty good advice which is more than I can say for you. Remember what your mother told you (should be fresh in your mind since you still live with her) If you don't have anything good to say....

Keep it to your self.

Again........ Nice try kid.... night, night... We try to help each other around here.

I like how you state I don't know you and shouldn't make pre-misconceptions, then you state how I am a little kid, when you, in fact do not know me.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
I like how you state I don't know you and shouldn't make pre-misconceptions, then you state how I am a little kid, when you, in fact do not know me.

The av is a dead giveaway.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian

Perhaps you are correct...
My assumptions are based on your reply. Any adult would have either added to what I have said, or challenged it with a reasonable response.

You did neither.

To me that means that you are either a child, or not worth talking to.

Either way.....

Goodnight Kid.
Quote by Vikingx
Truss-rod adjustments could cause major damage to your guitar. It's like $50 to have it set-up professionally... I sincerely hope that you wait.

Learn from your tech though. Ask him as many questions that you can. Hopefully he'll answer them. I'm no guru, but I've been around for 20 years and that's how I learned what I have.

Ask those who know.

not some **** with a keyboard (sorry... personal vendetta)

My setup was only 30 bucks and he did a great job.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Page 1 of 2