A punk band that started in 1977 in Oregon, fronted by musical genius Greg Sage. They were a huge influence on later alternative bands, most notably Dinosaur Jr. and Nirvana.

Anybody here a fan?

If not, check them out. If you're into old school punk, check out Is This Real?

If you're into old school alternative, check out Youth of America and Over the Edge.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Wipers ****ing rule.

I found out about them when the new Epoxies EP came out and I was curious who originally did the song Tragedy.

Any fans of The Epoxies have to check them out because they were obviously a huuuuge influence. (and a big influence on lots of other stuff too)
I'm searching for them. I like what I heard. You can hear an influence on Jay Reatard

I started listening to them after they were on my Last.FM recommendations page for weeks. Like 'em a lot.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Kinda boring.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
^Shut the **** up axe! Right now!
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by axeslash
Kinda boring.

They're the only good band that has ever come from your state be grateful!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
They're the only good band that has ever come from your state be grateful!
Mother****er you best not be speaking ill of Poison Idea.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Never listened to Poison Idea, what kind of music do they play?

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Poison Idea are a wicked awesome hardcore band who I was supposed to see at Unrest Fest but they cancelled and I cried.
Are they the band with the fat dude?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
man...I haven't listened to a wipers song in foreva....I totally forgot if I even liked them or not...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Last edited by mike2 at Jan 12, 2009,
BEST BAND EVER

They're seriosuly my favorite band, I think I've mentioned them before but no one has ever paid attention (because no one pays attention to me)

I met the guy who designed their logo, he use to work at a record store in Portland called Second Avenue Records. I also have a friend who's dad use to hang out with them.

Their first three albums are amazing, anyone interested should really go to the Wipers home page and order the box set, for 17 bucks it's definently worth it.

Also, everyone should go onto Myspace (shut up) and find "Reunite the Wipers", ADD IT

EDIT: Poison Idea is cool too, they're playing a reunion show here in Portland with MDC soon, although I don't remember when exactly, it sucks that Pig Champion died though. I know some people who were really good friends with him.
Last edited by the glue man at Dec 3, 2008,
Such an awesome band....definitaley an influence on my song writing and guitar playing. Their logo is so cool too. I need to get myself a Wipers shirt.
I'm pleased with the response this thread is getting here. I bumped a thread about them in Modern Rock about a year and a half ago and a few people were like "yeah they're alright" before it died again.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Bump

I noticed many Wipers tabs on this site (and others) are completely off and the guy who tabbed them (JohnSixKiller) uses weirdass chords. Some of their songs are pretty tricky to play, like the song Mystery, I can never get the opening guitar part. Anyone know it?
the song or the tab?
no and no..
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
Quote by mike2
man...I haven't listened to a wipers song in foreva....I totally forgot if I even liked them or not...

yeah, I love them, I remember now...I don't know why I stopped listening to them...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.