Hey,

Is anyone willing to give me lessons over internet ie instant messaging? Because when i use the UG and other guitar sites for lessons, they usually raise a lot of questions so i'm hoping that i can get someone to kind of, guide me (and teach me), when i have problems.

Thnx

Aisten
I doubt that online lessons will be of any greater help than the one's already available on UG and other places. But through video conferencing, it might be possible. Aren't there any guitar tutors available where you live?
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Maybe not greater but What i want is somebody who i can ask questions when i don't get sumthin coz these guitar sites don't always answer the question directly. Also (this happens with me quite often) sometimes i ask a question and i get an answer which i don't understand so i reply to his post asking him to elaborate but the problem is that he/she will never look at my thread again. Also nice advice, i like the idea of using video, thnx
Take a look at the huge amount of info in my sig. I've covered pretty much every issue for people here for years now (outside of fairly gnarly harmony or jazz lead), I'm happy to write you a response if you want to PM me after reading through some of the info below. What unanswered questions do you have after reading/watching this material?

Just to make it clear - I'm not asking for money for this, either.
Quote by Tom-sawyer
Tom hess. His lessons are expensive though.

Google him at least.

Er... no. Really you should be getting proper lessons if you don't feel you can teach yourself, but if you're going to resort to an online tutor then definitely don't go with Tom Hess. Your best bet is to find a good local music teacher who will let you learn the sort of music you want without overcharging you in the process.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
I'll do it free, but it wouldn't be formal or anything. It would just kinda be when I'm online I would teach you a thing or two, answer some questions and such, then probably go on with my life. I'm willing to help you out, but only to a certain extent. I've said before that I would teach somebody something, but it's going to be when it's convinient for me. (Within reason, I won't leave you hangin' for weeks)

If you feel like I could help you out, feel free to add me...

EDIT: I can't do video, so it might be totally pointless. It would help you out a little, though, because I could answer questions quicker than UG can.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Dec 3, 2008,
imo Freepower's sig is the best place to start..
then read the MT sticky.

you can come to MT if you have any questions.
also you can make your way to the AT section.
most the stuff you'll need is right here!!!
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by victoryaloy
imo Freepower's sig is the best place to start..
then read the MT sticky.

you can come to MT if you have any questions.
also you can make your way to the AT section.
most the stuff you'll need is right here!!!

The best advice on this thread...

(Actually 2nd. Freepower's advice is always best...anyways, he had this idea first :P)

Quote by Tom-sawyer
Tom hess. His lessons are expensive though.

Expensive...is a HUGE understatement. $1000 is NOT worth online guitar lessons.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Dec 3, 2008,
To be honest if you have a lot of questions then you should get lessons from someone local. There are a lot of people in bands or work with music full time who do lessons for a part-time job and they are usually even cheaper than the internet lessons.
what is a sig and how to i see them? And now that i think about it it's probably the fact that i don't know how to use all the features on this site that makes it hard for me to find the information, for example i realised that you can search for lessons as well as tabs. Although i don't know if you can search for videos ( The only ones i've seen are freepowers)

thanks