Page 1 of 3
UG has been around for awhile, and there are a few guitarists here, so Im thinking someone of some fame had, at sometime, a UG profile.

What Im asking is if anyone knows of any band's members who are/were on UG. As in, bands that recieve radio play, magazine articles, album release parties, etc. I just think itd be cool.

And surely, between a million guitarists, there has to be one not fail.
I'm pretty sure there's already such a thread.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
The guy from Kill Hannah is on here. At least he used to be.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
wheres the original thread?
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
I believe one of the Jonas Brothers is a regular in the Pit
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Theres a guy who's band is supporting Trivium I think
Last edited by Mr_Roboto510 at Nov 29, 2008,
i have music in a movie if that counts
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Drmckool
i have music in a movie if that counts

what movie?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
what movie?

it's called a stone's throw it's a canadian film so obviously no one has ever heard of it but here in canada it was on the movie network on demand for a long time
I shot JR

Quote by dubstar92

Oh, damn, that would be hilarious.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by Riot Act
hahaha, it makes me feel like since no famous guitarists ever joined UG...we are all doomed to failure.

luckly i'm a bassist then
I shot JR

Some American politician has a UG account or something... but I really can't remember the full story.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by dubstar92

The jonas fags aren't "successful musicians" just to point out.

and wtf...... It can't be... that would be extreme SH*T.
Quote by Hell_Metalist

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I have an endorsement from Vox, and a demo with Spinefarm records, but neither have done much for me so far, except made my gear pretty up to date... and i'm pretty sure that one of the dudes from the black dahlia murder are up here somewhere...
and i've heard of the jonas brothers, they're not big, and i've never actually heard their music, but hey, they're more successful than i am...
Quote by Hell_Metalist

and wtf...... It can't be... that would be extreme SH*T.

Somebody doesn't understand jokes

I like the way you replaced brothers with fags, very clever
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by JesterShred
and i've heard of the jonas brothers, they're not big, and i've never actually heard their music, but hey, they're more successful than i am...

I am sorry to say, but your musical dignity disappoints me.

Listen to them first, u will understand afterwards... Getting big cuz of daddy or disney isn't even close to a hardworking band gigging everywhere and spreading the name out. If "success" was define by their version of "successful", I'ld rather be a beggar on the street.

Although I do understand that for every genre, there is a fanbase, but they kinda pushed it too far towards one side, that it got the other side turn extremist towards them (as what I am doing here )
Quote by timo1
Most UGers don't want to be famous because
a)They think it's uncool to be famous/mainstream/sellout
b)See post a

eh

most UGers also fap constantly.

someone reading this at this moment is probably fapping aswell

/pointless post
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Quote by Hell_Metalist
I am sorry to say, but your musical dignity disappoints me.
You disappoint me. Well not really, I didn't have any expectations from some dude called "Hell Metalist".

Listen to them first, u will understand afterwards... Getting big cuz of daddy or disney isn't even close to a hardworking band gigging everywhere and spreading the name out. If "success" was define by their version of "successful", I'ld rather be a beggar on the street.
I'd pay 10 bucks to see The Jonas Brothers cruising their way past you in their limo filled with chicks and hot wings and champagne while you starve with 6 cents in your beggar cup.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
You disappoint me. Well not really, I didn't have any expectations from some dude called "Hell Metalist".

I'd pay 10 bucks to see The Jonas Brothers cruising their way past you in their limo filled with chicks and hot wings and champagne while you starve with 6 cents in your beggar cup.

Honestly? That's all u care about? If u were them, wouldn't ur dignity be so low that it'ld be buried with dinosaur ruins? berklee my ass...

Ur pathetic.
Quote by Hell_Metalist
Honestly? That's all u care about? If u were them, wouldn't ur dignity be so low that it'ld be buried with dinosaur ruins? berklee my ass...

Ur pathetic.

Oh, sorry for caring about money when I'm living in a country with a capitalist economy. What does Berklee have to do with anything?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
you know you 2 are gonna get this thread shutdown if you dont stop soon

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
you know you 2 are gonna get this thread shutdown

Well it's not like this thread was any good to begin with.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Oh, sorry for caring about money when I'm living in a country with a capitalist economy. What does Berklee have to do with anything?

I never said money is bad, but there has to be a compromise between dignity and money (i.e Why bands do death metal, while others do more... purely money related music (think very bad rap, or very lame pop like the jonas bros)).

Those who devote their lives to music must have came to the conclusion of a higher thought of musicianship; something that relates to a person's mental power. It's like thinking how music can truly be related to human psychology.

If u chose to go to berklee, then u must have devoted a lot of time into music, and thus I never expected u to support the jonas fags vs. a person u don't even know. I do not dislike them for their wealth status, but I do loathe them for their absolute non-musicianship they incorporate into their songs. This is not even compensated by meaningful lyrics. A 4 powerchord song does not deserve to be higher than music that has been thought over and over with careful planning to actually GENERATE an atmosphere outside that of which a person may be in.

The mistake is not being rich, it's being rich without hard work; there is nothing to back them up infront of a man who has put a myriad of hours into his work. Their work comes out of nothing. A typical fan would be a 13 year old female teenager who's only concern would be their appearance, which either has been surgically worked on, or they were naturally born with. Where the hell is the work in that?
Quote by Hell_Metalist
I never said money is bad, but there has to be a compromise between dignity and money (i.e Why bands do death metal, while others do more... purely money related music (think very bad rap, or very lame pop like the jonas bros)).
So who are you to judge what someone else' dignity is? Ever consider that maybe The Jonas Brother actually likes pop? Or maybe that rappers actually *omg* like rap?

If u chose to go to berklee, then u must have devoted a lot of time into music, and thus I never expected u to support the jonas fags vs. a person u don't even know.
If I'm going to Berklee, it means I'm a college student with real shit on my mind to deal with, like money and what the hell am I going to do when I'm done. I don't have time for angsty little teenage rebel ideals. Sure, I'm studying music because it's my passion, but it's also to make money. I don't care what you want me to write as long as you pay me. It's because I have a realistic perspective that I think it's ridiculous to hate on The Jonas Brothers. At the end of the day, they're making money doing what they like, they're happy. You're not.

I do not dislike them for their wealth status, but I do loathe them for their absolute non-musicianship they incorporate into their songs. This is not even compensated by meaningful lyrics. A 4 powerchord song does not deserve to be higher than music that has been thought over and over with careful planning to actually GENERATE an atmosphere outside that of which a person may be in.
Blah blah blah. Guess what? There are people who like their music. There are people who find enjoyment in their music. I don't think anyone gives a shit if some metal purist approves or not.

The mistake is not being rich, it's being rich without hard work; there is nothing to back them up infront of a man who has put a myriad of hours into his work. Their work comes out of nothing.
How the fuck do you know? Are you their biographer? And even if they did get lucky, why are you hating? Unless of course, you're green with envy.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Nov 29, 2008,
Quote by dubstar92

ROTFLMAO !

If I'm going to Berklee, it means I'm a college student with real shit on my mind to deal with, like money and what the hell am I going to do when I'm done. I don't have time for angsty little teenage rebel ideals. Sure, I'm studying music because it's my passion, but it's also to make money. I don't care what you want me to write as long as you pay me. It's because I have a realistic perspective that I think it's ridiculous to hate on The Jonas Brothers. At the end of the day, they're making money doing what they like, they're happy. You're not.

Age group? REAlly? This entire thing started cuz I gave an opinion and then u bashed on it. Well in this case, if opinions can't be given or respected, it's ridiculous for anybody to hate on anything, no? So, everyone is supposed to live in a smooth, happy world... -_-

Yea, true, u will write for what they pay, can't blame u for that, ur tryna make a living. But deep down, aren't u more comfortable writing things over other things? It's like Picasso looking at a stick figure, he wouldn't reduce himself to such things.

Blah blah blah. Guess what? There are people who like their music. There are people who find enjoyment in their music. I don't think anyone gives a shit if some metal purist approves or not.

Yeah, I like metal, and yea, I still think they're faggots, who the fuck r u to tell me about MY opinion and what ppl would think of it?

How the fuck do you know? Are you their biographer? And even if they did get lucky, why are you hating? Unless of course, you're green with envy.

Well, not so much envy, more like "where the hell is our world going". And yea, it's pretty unfair that they got "lucky". It's not right to just "get lucky" for other hardworking musicians.

Whatever... this is going nowhere... We all have our opinions...
The guy from Kill Hannah was/is on here, as is Alejandro from Boyce Avenue and I'd call Kristofer Dahl pretty famous.
Hell_Metalist and Xiaoxi should both be quiet or make another thread for this(among the hundreds of "X vs Y" threads that already exist) to argue about this same old same old crap everyone is tired of hearing.

And this thread should be closed...obviously there's not gonna be any more "normal" answers around here any more due to the violent hijacking that has just recently occurred.

EDIT: I respect both of your views but I don't like these stupid arguments.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Last edited by BloodMoon666 at Nov 29, 2008,
oh my god dudes your putting way too much energy and effort into arguing. And its got nothing to do with this thread! Just give it up

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
I don't think so, because most people here still dowload tabs etc. I don't think famous guitarists would that often do that

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Page 1 of 3