At my job they play the same songs over and over again. Not even the whole song, just small excerpts. So needless to say, I get these songs stuck in my head.

But these songs are poisonous. It's completely subliminal too because I never notice it at first, but the second one of these songs get stuck in my head, I get agitated and CANNOT, absolutely CANNOT get it out of my head.

There's a good 12 songs, but that's all there is.
So I have three questions.

1) Is it possible to make a man crazy just by exposing him to the same awful song over and over again?
2) On that same line, can you die from a scent or sound? Is that at all possible?
3) What other kinds of subtle torture is there?
Actually playing loud music constantly is a form of torture...when the US went to arrest Noriega in Panama, they played loud rock music constantly to try and break him...I think a lot of it was Guns N' Roses (though I think this is also where the infamous "Panama" story comes in that's parodied in The Drew Carey show)
Quote by x_thurston_x
At my job they play the same songs over and over again. Not even the whole song, just small excerpts. So needless to say, I get these songs stuck in my head.

But these songs are poisonous. It's completely subliminal too because I never notice it at first, but the second one of these songs get stuck in my head, I get agitated and CANNOT, absolutely CANNOT get it out of my head.

1) Is it possible to make a man crazy just by exposing him to the same awful song over and over again?
2) On that same line, can you die from a scent or sound? Is that at all possible?

1) Yes

2) Not sure

3) Tickle torture
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by timo1
Do they play Rick Astley?

It's worse than that. They play a strange mix of country music and tokyo hotel. It's ridiculous too cause in my head, I'll hear the beginning of a country song "cheater cheater where'd you meet that low class white trash hound" and that very vrese will end with tokyo hotels "running through the monsoooon"

It's torture at its worst.

And in clockwork it was more a matter of conditioning him, kind of like pavlov's dogs with the bell.
I always wondered what would happen if he was just exposed to violence for days on end like that. Would he spontaneously combust or something? Or suddenly die? Or would his level of sickness remain constant?
don't they use the spice girls for psychological warfare in the army?
Quote by primusfan
if she's squatting over you it greatly increases the risk of breaking your dick in case it comes out. but that shouldn't be a problem for UGers because they all have 8" penises.
i think it was the chinese who discovered they could torture people by dripping water on their foreheads very slowly for long periods of time, or something like that

so i guess if that works, music would work as well
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Don't they already do this in Guantanamo?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i think it was the chinese who discovered they could torture people by dripping water on their foreheads very slowly for long periods of time, or something like that

so i guess if that works, music would work as well

I thought these were the Arabs?
They play loud music at my gym and it f*cking kills my brain in a similar kind of way that you describe, I have to try and drown it out with loud Slipknot from my ipod (not that I like them, just some kind of non-stop noise to drown out the culture club).
Quote by x_thurston_x

Yes!

Quote by x_thurston_x
No. You'll only wish you were dead.

Quote by x_thurston_x
wait until marriage. you'll find out.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

wait until marriage. you'll find out.

Quote by Guitar0player
I thought these were the Arabs?

It's called Chinese Water Torture for a reason.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
It's called Chinese Water Torture for a reason.

Oh...
Quote by Guitar0player
Oh...

Haha yeah

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
craaaaawliiiiiiing iiiiin myyyy skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin !!

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Stereoaxis
Actually playing loud music constantly is a form of torture...when the US went to arrest Noriega in Panama, they played loud rock music constantly to try and break him...I think a lot of it was Guns N' Roses (though I think this is also where the infamous "Panama" story comes in that's parodied in The Drew Carey show)

Apparently the US torture captured terrorists while playing Deicide in the background.
Yeah, Deicide is used as torture. Good choice.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by noxiosimitator
craaaaawliiiiiiing iiiiin myyyy skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin !!

These wooouuunds they wiiiill not heeeeeeaaaaaaal
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
Ugh well my bro began playing guitar and hes been practicing the solo and intro for stairway to heaven for the past 3 days. Now ive had it in my head for the past 1 1/2 days.

Whats the longest a song was stuck in your head?
every ipod commercial ever.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by Bowkore
Well in 'A Clockwork Orange' they make him go crazy or something when he hears classical music so I guess so but it would be difficult.

first thing that came to mind. great movie, kinda unrelated though

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by LtBrenton
These wooouuunds they wiiiill not heeeeeeaaaaaaal

Feeeeaaar is hoooowwww I faaalllllllllllllll
Quote by LtBrenton
These wooouuunds they wiiiill not heeeeeeaaaaaaal reeeequiiiiiiiiiire elexiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir

Fix'd.
I don't know if this is true, but I heard about this kid who fapped to a certain song every day for like a year and then just stopped. And then whenever he heard the song after that, he would just ejaculate involuntarily.
Quote by x_thurston_x

listening to that crap drummer jimmy chamberlain is torture for me
Quote by x_thurston_x

3) What other kinds of subtle is there?

1) Yes. My house has a speaker system in the ceiling and my mom played the same pop-country Christmas song album over and over and over until it made me so annoyed and crazy I actually started crying.
2) I supposed its possible.
3) I would say leaving someone with an anxiety problem in suspense would be ABSOLUTE ...

Yeah dude I have a similiar experience. Where I worked everyone is Mexic...er.... I mean LATINO and it was in a warehouse. I worked 9 hours a day and my boss played the same Mexic..er... LATINO radio station over and over and over. Only one song was in English and it was by Shakira. But I swear I heard the same song 3 or 4 times one day.

BTW, if I was Latino it wouldnt be that bad but Im a dirty white boy and I dont speak much Spanish and my brain wanted to explode.... in a bad way.
^ @ Aaron
One of my cousins always has these salsa songs blasting out of his speakers when im over, it was on a radio station so in the middle of a song you heard the radio guys speaking fast in spanish. It was really frustruating.

My social studies in eigth grade would always sing when he was grading papers. They were the catchiest tunes ever. I remember one of the kids that were in my class went up to him and told him to stop singing because he'd be hearing him sing when he would go to bed.

SHE DONT LIKE MY SALAMI, SHE JUST WANT PASTRIAMI, BEEF BEEF, BALOOONYYY.

With the torture thing, I think it's possible if you litterly put the stereo right next to the persons ear blasting the song repeadtly over and over.

Has anyone ever got a song stuck in their head they werent able to sleep?
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Feeeeaaar is hoooowwww I faaalllllllllllllll

Confuuuusssing whhhaaatt is reeeeealll

As for whether is it possible to die from a scent or sound, I've never head of it happening. Doesn't seem to make sense to me
There's actually a judge somewhere in the US who punishes all people who are charged with excessive noise and related charges to listen to Barry Manilow for a period of time.
i think a new form of torture should be forcing the perpetrator to listen to the song that never ends.
I thought I heard the door open, oh no,
I thought I heard the door open but
I only heard it close.
Quote by crackerpleaz
I don't know if this is true, but I heard about this kid who fapped to a certain song every day for like a year and then just stopped. And then whenever he heard the song after that, he would just ejaculate involuntarily.

i know a guy who went to prison and he always fapped on the john then once he got out he swore every time he smelt **** he got a hard on......

sorry that was completely off subject
Quote by timo1
Do they play Rick Astley?

This is what i thought when i read the title.

Quote by DespisedIcon
Bleed by Meshuggah made me hit my head against a wall, 3 times.

Were you headbanging?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Last edited by MakeItWitChu at Dec 1, 2008,