Ok, I just managed to get my iTouch working but the whole of my library has been deleted. Unfortunatley, I wiped my computer a while back so I have no music on here either except a few unsigned local bands that I like to listen to. So, I am thinking of going on a massive torrent and cd ripping quest today, but my music taster has grown a lot since I last synced my iTouch and last time I filled it up and had to sacrifice a few albums ...

So, are there any programmes that will make the file size of my music smaller but keep the sound quality the same?

I am fine with the torrents
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
If by small you mean my 10 inch cock then yes they do like it small.

On topic: They will always suffer a tiny bit of quality when you convert them, but sometimes it's not even hearable.

iTunes converts.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Nov 29, 2008,
Dropping the quality if generally how file sizes are reduced....nothing comes for free, man. You could always change the file type to something a little more efficient, but I don't know what formats apple supports.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Dropping the quality if generally how file sizes are reduced....nothing comes for free, man. You could always change the file type to something a little more efficient, but I don't know what formats apple supports.

.mp3 and .AAC
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
damn ... how much would the sound quality be reduced?..
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by Portuguese_boy
If by small you mean my 10 inch **** then yes they do like it small.

Sorry, I can't really help you, I just thought this was funny.
Quote by GangsterLi
damn ... how much would the sound quality be reduced?..

In AAC, you can usually not hear the difference unless you're listening through top notch studio headphones or a decent stereo. Even then its quite subtle. For earbud listening, not an issue.
Dude, when using an iPod etc u "lose more quality" due to external noise like car traffic, subway, people talking etc than from a conversion :P
As some1 said, with the appropriate format, it's not even hearable. (I don't have any Apple products, so i can't help)
Too bad mine is FLAC sized then.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i think im just gonna have to sacrifice some stuff ... because i think the sound quality is already kind of poor i dont think i will like it
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Cant let the quality get too poor otherwise its just not worth listening anymore. I seriously suggesest you search E.S.T. on wikipedia and then download some of their music, its like an orgasm to the eardrums.
If you do MP3's at 256kbps, you won't notice any lack of quality.

Most MP3's are 128k, half that, and the quality sucks for it.
I find that 160kbps is just fine keeping relatively high quality..

Torrent dB Poweramp and throw you entire My Music folder in there.. It'll cut the space taken in half..