my friend has told me that he has downloaded limewire and it's really good. i want it too but i want to know if it is legal first. so is it?
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
It is legal, but it's illegal to use it for copyright infringement.

So quite useless.

Edit: Use torrents for fucks sake.
not for what you are using it for.

torrents and rapidshare are better.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by wigzwamz
my friend has told me that he has downloaded limewire and it's really good. i want it too but i want to know if it is legal first. so is it?

Depends on what you download with it. It's not illegal to have LimeWire installed, but it's illegal to download copyrighted software with it.
Limewire is a oneway gateway to HELL!

Computer Hell that is! You're opening your computer up to all the viruses, spyware and malware the internet has to offer.

Limewire itself isn't illegal, but it can be used in illegal ways, i.e. copyright material sharing.

There are better and safer ways of doing it, that's all imma gonna say.
I think he got the point now

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

so downloaing music and funny videos would be illegal
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Is illegal downloading of music/movies/programs illegal? Yes.
DeVillains!
Quote by wigzwamz

Downloading music: yes.
Funny videos: ...
Quote by wigzwamz

Get them from youtube noob.
Quote by wigzwamz
Only if it's copyrighted.

So pretty much all of it.
It is legal for the software, but to download music/video/etc. it is illegal.

Also, get azureus for torrents ... torrents are way better
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by freedoms_stain
Only if it's copyrighted.

So pretty much all of it.

I don't think he even knows what the word "copyrighted" means.
No. but downloading copyrighted stuff = illegal.
Torrents = legal.
torrenting copyrighted stuff = illegal.

torrents = safer than limewire.

if that helps.
Quote by wigzwamz

No, stealing is legal these days. What do you think?
Quote by Anonymous9001
No. but downloading copyrighted stuff = illegal.
Torrents = legal.
torrenting copyrighted stuff = illegal.
torrents = safer than limewire.

This +3.1415326535etc.
Limewire sucks ass. It's like Kazaa that has gone through plastic surgery. It looks nice but still has all the herpes, cancer and diabetes she used to.

I suggest Shareaza. But beware! The real program is hard to find because their homepage was stolen by some pirates who also made a program called "Shareaza" that has something to do with music...

I can give you the link if you desire the best P2P download action available to man
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Maybe TS can't use torrents. I can't.

My computer doesn't let me seed stuff.
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X

"Port Forwarding"

Go forth and Torrent.
If topic creator doesn't know the answer to his question, topic creator should lurk a bit more before even thinking of downloading anything, ever.
Quote by CaptainRon
It really doesn't matter which program you use as long as your download speeds can hit over 100KB/s

What, so spyware and viruses and a higher risk of getting caught don't really matter?
Quote by freedoms_stain
"Port Forwarding"

Go forth and Torrent.

That doesn't work for me. It says something about a router, and I don't know wtf that is.

Limewire will have to do for now.
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
That doesn't work for me. It says something about a router, and I don't know wtf that is.

Yeah you weren't meant to get fast downloads.

Just don't bother learning anything its not going to ever get you anywhere.
Quote by Abunai X

It DOES work for you. It's normal that it says something about a router, because the router is the device that you're going to change the settings on
Quote by Abunai X

You could, ya know, find out.
The way to go is winrar and Rapidshare, look for whatever albums you want on Blogsearch and extract the downloaded files on winrar.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Limewire/Torrents are P2P, which I'm pretty sure is illegal in the US now. Not so sure about Canada, but I haven't heard anything about it recently.
Quote by Avedas
Limewire/Torrents are P2P, which I'm pretty sure is illegal in the US now. Not so sure about Canada, but I haven't heard anything about it recently.
You can't make a technology illegal because of possible misuse.

There are plenty of legitimate applications of torrents.
[quote="wigzwamz]my friend has told me that he has downloaded limewire and it's really good. i want it too but i want to know if it is legal first. so is it?

Your friend is a liar and a moron. Limewire is horrible and you're stupid if you use it. There, I said it.

Quote by Abunai X

Then I suggest taking the five minutes and learning how to do it, you dolt. No computers just "can't seed."

Another thing, if you can't seed? Don't seed. Duh. Because you can still download. Again, duh.

Quote by Abunai X

THEN READ SOMETHING. Jesus Christ. It's amazing to me that you're knowingly ruining your computer because you're too lazy to learn simple terms like "router."

I swear to God. It's amazing that some people can tie their shoes in the morning.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Nov 29, 2008,