I was wondering if other countries have similar benefits systems as the Uk? Whats the system in America?

The UK benefits system (for those who don't know) provides a vast array of financial benefits e.g. for mothers who don't want to get a job, so they have a child at 16, then just constantly gets impregnated throughout her life, due to the irrational fear of work. After they have the 5 kids, these kids are neglected, and encouraged to be brought up in the benefit culture-so the 5 kids have more kids etc.

I actually admire these people, they don't feel any shame in what they do, they actually love themselves. They wouldn't like to be cultured or have an intellect it is not what they strive for in life (in fact its an insult to them). Then the government wonders why we have an uneducated, unlawful society of chavs.
Last edited by Mezzo4te at Nov 29, 2008,
In New Zealand if you don't have a job the taxpayer has to pay for you to live. So lazy f*cks who can't be f*cked getting a f*cking job get paid for by the hard working people.
ya'll seriously dont have to work to live over there? damn, we dont even have a living wage here.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
ya'll seriously dont have to work to live over there? damn, we dont even have a living wage here.

Where do you live?

and yeah, England's a pussy, it just bends over and lets the uncultured masses have their way with it.
In UK:

If you are a parent you get child benefit and don't need to work but you get benefits if you do work - like tax breaks / free child care etc so that it is actually worthwhile finding a job rather than staying on them.

If you are unemployed and don't have children to support you either go on the sick (unable to work due to sickness) where you get paid weekly until your sicknote runs out or you get better. Or you get Job Seekers Allowance where they help you find work and you get money weekly while you're looking. You have to attend fortnightly interviews to show you are actively seeking work and to help you find it.
Quote by NigelLawless
In New Zealand if you don't have a job the taxpayer has to pay for you to live. So lazy f*cks who can't be f*cked getting a f*cking job get paid for by the hard working people.

Same as Australia, so when they're at retirement age, they get more benefits than people who have worked their whole lives.
Quote by AceOfBlades
Where do you live?

the US. being poor here sux.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by jmilli2
In UK:

If you are a parent you get child benefit and don't need to work but you get benefits if you do work - like tax breaks / free child care etc so that it is actually worthwhile finding a job rather than staying on them.

If you are unemployed and don't have children to support you either go on the sick (unable to work due to sickness) where you get paid weekly until your sicknote runs out or you get better. Or you get Job Seekers Allowance where they help you find work and you get money weekly while you're looking. You have to attend fortnightly interviews to show you are actively seeking work and to help you find it.

yes but for single parents seeking child benefit they get their rent payed, council tax etc, so its not worthwhile being in work. I know plenty neighbours etc who have been on the sick with bad backs for like 20 years. how can they prove if you have a pain in your back?
Quote by Mezzo4te
yes but for single parents seeking child benefit they get their rent payed, council tax etc, so its not worthwhile being in work. I know plenty neighbours etc who have been on the sick with bad backs for like 20 years. how can they prove if you have a pain in your back?

I was just saying how it is not saying it's good or bad. At the end of the day people will always try and screw the system but it's got to cover the people who actually need it. If you're too strict then people who genuinely need it might suffer. It's not right that people say they've got a bad back for 50 years or have 8 kids to get an extra £20 a week but it's better than there being nothing.
Quote by Zugunruhe
the US. being poor here sux.

But I'll bet you know how to do a hard days work and are actually a pretty sound guy?
The "poor" here tend to be stupid and aggressive