Recently decided to work on some drop tuned stuff. So rather than going for the obvious drop d or a bit of trace bundy DADGAD i decided to try my hand (and my guitar and strings lol) at some two step down stuff. But there arent many bands who use this tuning........so far iv found DETHKLOK, ARCH ENEMY and some SATCH stuff. But i really wanna branch out with this rather than tune back up. Any ideas of other bands who play in this tuning?

P.S. Im not playing in CGCFAD im playing in two whole full steps!
there are a few metallica songs that are in 2 steps down. Also, try children of bodom. Most of their stuff is in 2 steps down. fun songs to play and they will keep you busy for hours!
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Caliban do I think. also Trivium use a 7 string so I think it's the same tuning.
ARCHITECTS

UNDEROATH

Aaron Gillespie
Dallas Green

A Perfect Circle i think?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I like it sometimes for riffs.

Adds an extra dimension which is nice. I don't really think about it. It's more that for example I have a riff and I want a C# Powerchord. But I want it low. Then I downtune my guitar.

Just try out riffs and experiment with it.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 29, 2008,
Kyuss, Sleep, Queens of the Stone Age, a million stoner clone bands.
Think C of B play in CGCFAD i might be wrong. If so which album do they play two whole steps?
And there are a few videos on youtube of Satch playing some really low growly arrpegios. Pretty good really. Ill check out Kyuss and Sleep not really big on QofTheSA.