Does anybody use these?

They retail at about 4x what I can get a regular set for in Australia (I get great JVB strings at cost), but man, what a great tone!

Unfortunately, though, they've failed to deliver on their promise. Where their website states that these strings will last up to 5 times as long as a 'regular set', I get a good month of use out of my JVB's and I got two whole days out of the same gauge(11-52's) Elixr's.

Needless to say, I'm a little cranky. I know this happens, and I'm and admittedly heavy player, but when you buy an expensive set of strings with the promise of longevity, and you get roughly a fifteenth of the longevity of the sets you regularly use...

Does anybody else use these strings? Is my example an anomaly? I don't ever do this, but is this the sort of thing that you can return?

I guess what I'm asking is- what should I do about this?

(If anyone's smart enough to answer 'Get Over It'... I beat you to it)

Do I continue with the Elixr's in the hope that mine was a needle in the proverbial haystack, or do i sacrifice a little tone for REAL consistency?
I think it is an odd case, because when I use them I do get about 3 to 4 times as long out of them as I did with the Ernie all strings I used to use, and even then it is only because I am picky with them and the slightest sign of unstable tuning makes me change them.

Try one more set and if they don't do what you expect them to, don't use them again.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
I had a set on my old strat copy, I didn't play as hard as I do now on that guitar, but they've been on there for like 7 months, probs more and they're still bright, both visually and sound wise, no signs of them giving way.

Edit: The reason they lasted so long is because I never play that guitar, but for just sitting around doing nothing, lasting that long and still seeming new is pretty good.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I've had them on my guitar for almost 4 months already with lots of heavy play and stage use, and let me tell you, they hold up well and they STILL sound pretty good. Definitely not the same as new strings, but definitely not dull like normal strings would sound after only ONE month of playing. And theres no gunk or marks on the strings! Amazing!
They definitely last longer than normal strings for me. I go through other strings in about a third of the time that I do Elixirs and the Elixirs cost about 2-3 times as much so it's definitely worth it for me.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
maybe it's just me, but i like the feeling of new strings, so i would only go for these Elixirs for the better tone... is it possible to describe the improvements in tone they offer compared to ernie ball? dynamics? snap? sustain?
I use elixers exclusively. I don't mess around with that cheap crap. I've actually never had them break on me and I play mainly funk rock, so the strings are constantly getting hit. Besides the longevity and nice tone, they feel extremely nice on your fingers. You might want to consider if your strings were set up properly. My friend broke his elixers soon after he got them, but he didn't wrap them around the tunning posts correctly....
Its not just you there are many out there that elixers dont last long at all. For many they work great. Ive had new ones break after 10 minutes of playing before. And when I played the question wasnt if a string will break today it was which one. Everyday a different one would break. So I was buying 2 sets at a time so I would have plenty of replacements. Which kind of defeats the purpose of buying em. And it wasnt my guitar as all of my guitars did it but other brands no issues.
Elixers are awesome. They sounds great and play even better. I can't say how long they last because I haven't been using them long, but I used Ernie Balls and Elixers are infinitely better.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by LuisWahWah
I use elixers exclusively. I don't mess around with that cheap crap. I've actually never had them break on me and I play mainly funk rock, so the strings are constantly getting hit. Besides the longevity and nice tone, they feel extremely nice on your fingers. You might want to consider if your strings were set up properly. My friend broke his elixers soon after he got them, but he didn't wrap them around the tunning posts correctly....

This is interesting, thanks everybody. It wasn't the tuning posts- it just sort of uncolied at the bridge end, which I find really strange. It's a Martin auditorium, 3/4 body with a cutaway so I take care to make sure I'm doing everything right when it comes to maintenance.

So what I'm hearing is that for most of you, they work fine and provide great tone. For some of you, they don't work at all despite the improvements in tone. This is really intriguing- I'm going to go with one more set, sheerly because of the benefits they provide- and if they snap again- never again.