I have a batterd strat and i was wondering if it would be any danger to take away the string trees? It would look so much better without.
It's not dangerous if you want to sacrifice substance for style (which is really lame IMHO)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
as long as the one for the b and e string is still there its fine, the other one really doesnt need to be there. If you take the one for the b/e string off they'll pop out of the nut constantly.
Quote by livrockdie
as long as the one for the b and e string is still there its fine, the other one really doesnt need to be there. If you take the one for the b/e string off they'll pop out of the nut constantly.

Yup. You could take them off if you have staggared tuners, but you'd still be under danger off them popping out.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Annoying as they look, they're there for a purpose. They keep the strings passing over the nut at the correct angle, and that means better tuning and stability. Knew a guy once that took his off for the same reason - always going out of tune and the strings would pop off the nut. Needless to say, there were back on after awhile.