So, in the coming months, we are knocking the wall down between the study and dining room and turning it into a kitchen-dining room. Then we are taking everything (worktops, ovens, fridges, etc) out of the kitchen and turning it into a music room .

I just need to know, how can we sound-proof it?

There is a door leading in, a door on the side, and three windows, if that makes any difference. We will be having pianos, a drum kit, and guitars in there, so would like it to be sound-proof.

Money isn't really a problem, just as long as it's not stupidly expensive. If you need any more info, just ask.

tl;dr:
What can I use to sound-proof my new music room?
It will be extremely expensive.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Search bar, there was this exact thread a few weeks ago

matresses and duvets up against the walls or sum shiz

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Search bar, there was this exact thread a few weeks ago

matresses and duvets up against the walls or sum shiz

A permanent solution was what I was looking for, so this probably wouldn't work.
your basically gonna have to brick in the windows and build a room inside your room, so thats going to be very expensive.
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Egg cartons.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
The only way to truly sound-proof a space is to build another smaller room inside the existing room, then fill the gap between the inner and outer walls with sound-proofing foam or insulation.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Sound escapes in many ways. Seal all cracks, have solid doors/windows, cheapest is egg cartons (the square ones) everywhere, hang thick curtains or rugs about 4 inches in front of the egg cartons. This should do it, listen from outside for any weak areas and add as needed.