Hello everyone
I am investing in quality gear for my rig and now I'm looking for a new amplifier. I got my eyes on the 100 watt tube head fom Blackheart. (information: http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2008/Blackheart-BH100H-Hothead-Guitar-Amp.html)

The problem is that I would like to use this amp at home and at gigs/band practice.

The amp has 2 switches which gives you these results:

Class AB/Pentode: 100W of flesh searing power
Class AB/Triode: 50W, tighter headroom, crisper gain, still hurts
Class A/Pentode: 60W, lots of headroom before overdrive, nice and plucky
Class A/Triode: 30W, less headroom, more responsive to your attack

= 100 watt, 60 watt, 50 watt and 30 watt.

Is this too loud for me to use at home? (I am satisfied with cleans, I don't want to crank it or anything )
As long as you just keep the master volume low, then it will be fine. They don't always have to be cranked.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore
As long as you just keep the master volume low, then it will be fine. They don't always have to be cranked.

Thanks man. I'm just confused because everyone is talking about how loud a tube amp is.. And there are alot of people who use 5 watt tube amps at bedroom levels..

I can't test this head because it isn't available yet, and I would like to have it before a certain date (performing on a show) so I would need to order it immediately.
How loud is a 100 watt amp approximately if you put it on 1-2?

I'd like to have an idea..
Well i have a 120 watt tube head and its pretty loud for being on 1, but you can stand infront of the amp without earplugs or anything without hurting your ears, if i crank my amp to 2, i usually wear earplugs if im playing infront of the amp. but you can always stand behing the amp and crank it much louder without earplugs and without hurting your ears
Guitar: Ibanez RGR321 EXBK

Amp: Bugera 6260 head + 4x12 cab
So the 100 watt setting is not that useable in my bedroom ?

What about at 30 watts?