Recently I was goofing around with tapping and trying to make some cool licks, when I made up this cool technique that is used in combination with tapping. What I did was have my fretting hand in normal position (I'll use low E for this example) with my index finger on the 5th fret, and ring finger on the 7th. I have my right hand held over the 20th fret and it looks like how you play bass with your fingers when you're not slapping it. Then, I use my right (which is still over 20th fret) to do a pull-off where they open E is sounded but you can't hear the 20th fret that much, then I hammer-on 5 and 7, then tap 20. Ugh, this is really hard to explain but when I do it, I can make it sound really fast, and I just used 5, 7 and 20 as a quick example, it sounds better on other frets.

So if someone has heard of this before, please tell me 'cause I would like to see it.
thats tapping, if you ever question if you've created a new tapping technique look to victor wooten. he's done everything imaginable and then some.
Ok, thanks guys, I'm gonna go look at some videos of Victor on youtube, I've only seen one of him playing bass and it was sick.
lol yea, 2 hand tapping
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Check out this song, It has sick techniques everywhere, and amazing harmonies and chord voicings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YYjXJaUJos&fmt=18

He gets sounds out of his guitar beyond my imagination.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Great song, EJ might be one of my favorite guitarists. That was a good live performance but isn't there another solo in the beginning?
Quote by Ssw706
Great song, EJ might be one of my favorite guitarists. That was a good live performance but isn't there another solo in the beginning?

I don't know. I'm having a glass of wine at the moment and my video download just finished of the whole concert. Gonna watch it now

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??