Just thought I would inform the community of my recent pleasant experience. If you are in the market for a new amp, do consider the twin reverb. It's not exactly a cheap amp at 1300 msrp, but wow, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I play through an agile al2000 with GFS fat pafs (My al3100 and strat are in the shop ) and I just reworked and sold most of my pedal board to start a new one, but at the moment I have an MXR 10-band eq and a Bad monkey OD. First of all the clean as you already know are beautiful. Single coil beautiful even though I was playing through humbuckers which was baffling. The volume is still bedroom usable if you play it at 1 or so, however it gets righteous at around 3.

Another impressive feat is that I was jamming with a drummer/guitar play at his house and he has a marshal (JCM 800 I think it was), and of course he had some beautiful distortion going through that thing. However, I borrowed his fulltone OCD and put it after the 10band eq, and BAM my twin reverb sounded like his Marshall, no BS. This is a milestone because I don't think you could get a Marshal and get Fender cleans...

Anyhow, I'm in love with this amp you probably will be too. Shoot away your questions or comments on experiences
Quote by LuisWahWah
Just thought I would inform the community of my recent pleasant experience. If you are in the market for a new amp, do consider the twin reverb. It's not exactly a cheap amp at 1300 msrp, but wow, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I play through an agile al2000 with GFS fat pafs (My al3100 and strat are in the shop ) and I just reworked and sold most of my pedal board to start a new one, but at the moment I have an MXR 10-band eq and a Bad monkey OD. First of all the clean as you already know are beautiful. Single coil beautiful even though I was playing through humbuckers which was baffling. The volume is still bedroom usable if you play it at 1 or so, however it gets righteous at around 3.

Another impressive feat is that I was jamming with a drummer/guitar play at his house and he has a marshal (JCM 800 I think it was), and of course he had some beautiful distortion going through that thing. However, I borrowed his fulltone OCD and put it after the 10band eq, and BAM my twin reverb sounded like his Marshall, no BS. This is a milestone because I don't think you could get a Marshal and get Fender cleans...

Anyhow, I'm in love with this amp you probably will be too. Shoot away your questions or comments on experiences

That's BS.

My friend has that set up. Blackface Twin Reverb, Fulltone OCD, Goudie Overdrive and MXR Carbon Copy and it sounds nothing like my Marshall.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
id kill for a twin reverb...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That's BS.

My friend has that set up. Blackface Twin Reverb, Fulltone OCD, Goudie Overdrive and MXR Carbon Copy and it sounds nothing like my Marshall.

It doesn't matter, he's coming close is what he's saying. Marshall could NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER do Fender's clean, but Fender can come close to the Marshall tone with some help. Good luck finding a pedal that does 'clean'.

EDIT: TS, do you like the Agile guitars? I just searched them, and they looked like low-end stuff, but how do they sound? I'm in the market for a good medium output guitar with humbuckers, that is a bit grittier than my American Standard strat. What's your opinion on these? BTW the twin reverb IS awesome, have you played a Vibroking?
Last edited by SylvaShredder at Nov 29, 2008,
Quote by SylvaShredder
It doesn't matter, he's coming close is what he's saying. Marshall could NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER do Fender's clean, but Fender can come close to the Marshall tone with some help. Good luck finding a pedal that does 'clean'.

Ever heard of a JTM 45? They can get pretty close to tweed cleans.

Marshalls can get good clean sounds too. A good clean sound isn't always like a Fender.

A lot of Fenders sound like crap when you crank them up, the only saving grace being the cleans.

I'm not saying that one amp is better than the other, I'd kill for a Vibrolux, but I'm just saying that I have a usable clean sound on my Marshall and a killer drive tone which I'd much rather have compared to a killer clean channel.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by SylvaShredder

EDIT: TS, do you like the Agile guitars? I just searched them, and they looked like low-end stuff, but how do they sound? I'm in the market for a good medium output guitar with humbuckers, that is a bit grittier than my American Standard strat. What's your opinion on these?

Well I've got an Al-2000 floyd that cost me 279 (those are like a LP shape) and it's not that bad. I am playing thru a Peavey valveking half-stack and it works great for classic rock, metal (Classic Metal), hard rock, and some other lighter gain stuff. And the cleans are pretty nice for a guitar with humbuckers. I've compared it to the Epi LP standard that my buddy has and the Agile really does kill it. It was constructed much better than the Epi although I've heard that some of the construction on the Agiles can be a little iffy. It's probably not gonna be better than some crazy expensive guitar , but it definitely works. I can say that it is way better than the Iceman that I used to have. It's good enough for me to be buying another as my next guitar. I don't know what style you are looking for, but this is the one that I'm getting next.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product849.html

Hope that helps.